The Beach (Fedex) by @derpypancakez

A/N - Hi guys!! I'm derpypancakez, and I hope you guys like my oneshot! I have a Kam oneshot book, as well as a Solangelo one, so if you like my writing I would appreciate it if you could go check them out! Also make sure to check my bio, I would love to talk about things we have in common 😄. Love you all ♥️ and stay safe! 😷

Human AU

The sun woke Fitz. Darn you, Sun! He reached over to the nightstand and checked his phone. 7:36. Ugh. Too early. He turned the other way and saw Dex lying on his stomach, scrolling through his phone. When Dex saw Fitz was awake, he put down his phone and smiled.

"Good morning," Fitz said.

"'Morning. Sleep well?" Dex asked.

"Kinda, sorta, not really."

"Well, Sophie and Biana just texted me asking if you and I wanted to come to the beach with them today." Dex raised an eyebrow. "If you're too tired-"

"No, no, let's go. I want to talk to Bi anyway." Fitz grinned and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "Just five more minutes."

~TIme Skip~

Dex was already downstairs, making breakfast as Fitz came out from his shower. His hair was still wet as he walked down the stairs, following the scent of bacon towards the kitchen.

Fitz stepped up behind the smaller teen and hugged Dex's small frame. He leaned down and kissed the crook of Dex's neck.

"Hey," Dex said, trying to concentrate on making breakfast.

"Hey, I'll take over, why don't you go wash up a bit." Fitz suggested. Dex gave a grateful nod before moving out of the way.

"Thanks," Dex said before pecking Fitz on the cheek.

~Time Skip~

After a hasty breakfast, Dex made sandwiches to take for lunch as Fitz hurried around the apartment, looking for bathing suits and sunscreen.

"Dex! I have all of our bathing suits except my top!" Fitz yelled from upstairs.

"That's fine babe, c'mon, we have to get going or we'll be late!" Dex shouted, picking up his bags.

"How do I look?" Fitz asked. Dex's wide eyes flitted over his perfectly styled quiff, his gleaming teal eyes, and those abs. Dex sucked in a breath. "Dex?" He snapped out of his trance.

"Yeah, you look great." Dex told him, hoping Fitz didn't notice his blush.

The trunk whirred shut, all of their towels and snacks inside. They pulled out of the parking lot, the California sun wasting no time blinding both of them with its bright - too bright - rays. Fitz grabbed his sunglasses and Dex flipped down his sun visor. Living twenty minutes from the beach meant a merciless sun.

About halfway there, they stopped at a traffic light. To their left, a car full of blond, surfer girls rolled to a halt. When they saw Fitz, they started giggling and pointing. One of them even winked! Dex felt his face heating up. He grabbed Fitz's hand and glared. The girls, sizing up their new competition, decided that it wasn't worth the trouble and moved on to ogle at the driver behind them. If looks could kill, Dex would've committed mass murder.

Fitz, noticing Dex's sour expression, asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Dex assured him. Fitz dropped the issue, but as they pulled away from the traffic light, he mumbled under his breath. "You're just too hot for your own good."

A couple minutes later, the two stepped out of the car onto the sandy beach. "Go ahead and see if Soph and Bi are here," Fitz said. "I'll get all of our stuff."

Fitz closed the trunk and staggered towards Dex, who was waving from Sophie and Biana's parasol. His fingers were numb from all of the bags and he set them down with a heave.

"Hey guys!" Sophie said. "Good to see you again!"

"Yeah, guess we didn't see each other all winter, huh?" Fitz mused.

"I guess," Biana said, trying to recall when they had last met.

Dex reached in his bag and pulled out a tube of sunscreen. "Anyhow, if you're gonna go in the water, you have to put this on." He said, staring pointedly at Fitz. "Especially you, since you don't have a shirt."

"Ughhh, Dex really?" Fitz groaned. "Please can you let me go?" The puppy eyes almost worked. Almost. Dex gritted his teeth. "Nope,"

Fitz thought for a moment, then an idea presented itself in his mind. "Ok, but you have to put it on for me," If Fitz could do an evil laugh, he would've. He opted for a smirk instead. Dex turned pink.

"Just your face?" He squeaked.

"Nope, my arms and torso as well." Sophie and Biana exchanged glances.

Dex's mind completely shut down. He's gonna get sunburned! His mind hissed. Just do it! But ohmygod those abs and the thought of...

He opened the tube and squirted some out. "I hate you."