Chapter 10

Enjoy!!

It's been 5 days and after meeting Benjamin and the others I have just been exploring the mansion but to be very honest there is not much to do. I thought the mafia would be all about dealing drugs and guns and fighting and making money but a surprising amount of time is taken into planning and waiting to execute plans... not that I would be included in any of that but I guess I have just been observing.

Gabriella has been playing with me as usual after school but she is young and gets tired so I don't really get much time with other humans so I thought I might as well go to the gym.

The last time I went there I met Jacob, he seems like he has an interesting past which probably has quite a lot of dark stuff in there but who hasn't.
To be honest one of my reasons to go to the gym, other than to get fit, is to see him and maybe get to know him.

I walk down the hall until I reach the door. My palms start to sweat as I get nervous. The worst possible thing that could happen is he isn't interested. He could just ignore me and I would look like an idiot. I haven't been rejected before, well I haven't done this before.
But who would be interested in me? Who would want to go out with me? This is the bloody mafia! People in the mafia don't date! They deal drugs and kill people. I shouldn't get involved.

As I was about to turn around I thought I might as well practise my combat, boxing and running. The facilities here are amazing.

I turn the handle and walk into the cool gym, the air conditioning freezing my arm already. I look around about to get started and notice... Jacob isn't even here! I wasted a good 15 minutes panicking on how I am going to talk to him and he isn't even here. The audacity of the guy. Unbelievable.

I roll my eyes and but my water bottle down and start my stretching before I get on the treadmill while listening to my odd mix of music.
I am running for a good 30 minutes before I get tired and slow down before I stop.
I look at the clock in the gym to see it says 5:30 am. Wait. 5:30! No wonder he isn't here. How did I not notice this!?
I hear heavy footsteps approaching the door, but I am not bothered anymore. I'm tired, sweaty and am in no state to talk to anyone.
I turn back around and resume punching a bag. The music in my ears drowning out as I focus on the bag. My punches accurate, getting harder and harder as I go on. All my emotions coming out. My parents gone, I've been kidnapped TWICE by the mafia and I haven't seen my siblings in months.
I give one final punch, and the bag falls to the ground.

I turn... and see him staring.

Authors note: hey! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I really want to develop this story and want you guys to have some input. So if you have any feedback for me, feel free to comment. Let me know if you are enjoy the read, and if you did:

Vote, Comment, Share and follow!
<3