Chapter 3

Thor P.O.V

When she walked in, it felt like the world too stopped to watch her. Birds stopped chirping, people stopped talking. Silence filled the halls which were filled with chatter a minute ago.

My father and I were currently in the Olympian gods thrown room waiting for lady Persia to come so that they could talk about the treaty. Apparently they hadn't told her about it. This really scared me because then Persia would have me as a live dummy to practice her swordplay.

All the Olympians and my father were just talking about how to break it to her when she walked in. The stories definitely did not do justice to her beauty. It may sound cliche but it was true. 

Most girls would were dresses and fancy clothes with makeup caked on their face to make themselves look pretty but Persia..... she made a casual outfit stunning. She had absolutely no makeup on and her hair was also in some sort of messy bun but she looked more than pretty. She was beautiful. And the fact that she didn't realize how beautiful she was added to her charm.

She strode inside, walking with long, graceful strides, but stopped unceremoniously and watched the Greek gods with wide eyes. I was curious as to why she was acting this way but held my tongue. I didn't want to give her more reasons to hate me. After all they were getting married.

***

"YOU WHAT???!!!! HOW DARE YOU!!!! Haven't I done enough?" Percy said the last part in a soft, broken tone. That was when I saw her as she truly was.

The demigodess I saw before me was not only a hero, brave and strong, but also broken. She had gone through so much of trauma but still had to act the part of a leader. She was expected to be strong and comfort others when they were having bad dreams, but who was there for her when she woke up in cold sweat? Yes, she was doing her part, more that was expected, but it must have taken such a huge toll from her.

The gods watched their hero drop to her knees and put her face in her hands. Sympathy radiated off of them, even the gods who didn't favor her. But Zeus was firm in his decision and wanted the alliance, but secretly even he thought that maybe, just maybe, the Norse godling could put her broken pieces back together.

***

The Fates surely hated her, didn't they? She thought as Poseidon hugged her, both still on the shiny floor of the throne room. 

"I tried, I really did." her father was murmuring as he rocked her back and forth. For once, she didn't care that she looked weak. She had stayed strong too long and now she broke. 

It wasn't the fact that she had to marry Thor or rather marry at all (though that didn't mean she was ready to do it). She hated the fact that she had no option. 

Percy had always hated being forced to do something. She had despised being forced by the gods to do their dirty work during her quests and now she despised them for making her marry for an alliance.

And once again, there she was, ruining her life for the filthy, ungrateful Gods.