Chapter 34

"Thor?!" An elegant voice cut through the layers of silence which surrounded Persia. For quite some time both Percy and Thor had just sat back-to-back, soaking in the quiet comfort of each others presence.

She did not recognize the soft voice, but it seemed that her fiance did. "Mother?!" He too exclaimed as a tall, slender lady glided in his chambers, moving at a pace which was not a run, nor a walk, making even the hurried action look dignified.

Percy observed the woman carefully, a habit she had developed in the past year. She could see that the woman was well-respected, but loved as well because all staff and servants took their time to stop and greet her, to which she replied with a loving gaze and smiles.

She was stunning. She looked to be in her middle ages, but still looked strong. She looked like a woman who seemed to have strength in her core and mind, the most dangerous kind of strength. But she did not look like a threat to her. The smile lines near her eyes showed that she often smiled and the kind gleam in her eyes told her that she was extremely lovable. 

Reading her, Persia forgot all about who she was, and when she recalled what Thor called her, she froze, and rushed to drop into a bow, remembering what was expected of her. She also kept her eyes down, ashamed because she did not realize who she was when she first saw her.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of gentle hands on her shoulders, coaxing her to stand up. She obliged, but still didn't meet her eyes. "Lady Frigga, a pleasure." she greeted her, avoiding eye contact.

She felt a blush appear on her cheeks. She had heard so much about the queen of Asgard. Her feats of bravery, kindness and leadership. And she had failed to recognize her at first glance. She was completely embarrassed.

"Lady Persia! Oh, the pleasure is mine!" She said, shocking Percy out of her daze. Finally, she met the goddesses eyes, and it seemed as if she were startled.

Thor was watching his mother and future wife interact with one another. It was crazy how similar and different they both were. Once he had his reunion with his mother, where she hugged him tight, did they realize that Persia was in a deep curtsy, very different from the one she gave his father.

The respect she had given his father was more grudging and forced and a bit rebellious as well. He was sure that Odin was uncomfortable with the intensity of her gaze as she had bowed to him. Not once had she broken eye contact, but now, she had her head bowed properly, respecting his mother genuinely.

His heart warmed with pride for his love. Her wit and cheekiness had never ceased to amaze him, and now seeing her so genuinely pay her respect to his mother made him love her even more, if that were possible.

He knew his mother did not enjoy formalities, so he knew it was only a matter of time before she told her off. They were both similar in that aspect, he noticed, as his mother held Percy's shoulders and exchanged greetings. 

He also saw how startled Frigga got when Persia's intense sea-green eyes met hers but she covered it well. He knew that Percy was anxious for her to like her, but what she did not know was that she already loved her.

She had heard all of her stories and adventures, and was already in awe of her, but when Frigga got to know how she accepted Loki into her family, the awe turned to love. 

And seeing her son so obviously in love with her, made her love the black-haired heroine even more.