Chapter 15

Thor watched as Persia turned Mjölnir from hand to hand, testing the weight and balance. She was completely oblivious to the awe-stuck stares burning on the back of her head as she scrutinized the weapon in her hands.

"Nice hammer. Electric right? Balance is not right for me, but should be perfect for you, hmm? Handle seems a bit heavy, comparatively. You should get that checked..." she trailed off as she looked back to see the avengers with half of their mouths open. 

Thor figured that they would be surprised. How could one girl be so fit, so beautiful, so smart, and also worthy? Not only could she lift Mjölnir she also criticized it.

"Did i say something? She looked at Annabeth who also looked a bit confused, but Thor knew that her mind was racing for answers.

"The hammer can only be lifted by one who is worthy. Not many can do it." Thor said, proud of his fiancee even though he knew that she could lift Mjölnir. He was pretty sure that she was more worthy than him. Her fatal flaw was enough to allow her to lift it, if not her countless selfless deeds and humble personality.

"Oh" she mumbled, flustered.  She looked very cute then, standing awkwardly, shifting from foot to foot, as she held his hammer. She realized what she was doing, and quickly stopped her nervous movements. Instead she focused  back on Thor.

"Um, let's start, shall we?" she asked Thor. She immediately tossed him Mjölnir and got into a offensive position. She did not have a weapon on her, but he knew that she could whip out Riptide within a second.  

All the spectators also straightened, eager to see the fight between a god and his fiancee. And they weren't disappointed. 

Faster than they could see, she had uncapped Riptide and lunged at him, resembling the agility and grace of a leopard. Even though Thor was not a bad fighter, he was forced into being defensive as she rained blows on him, left and right. 

Thor knew that she knew how to against a hammer, because she knew exactly where to hit him to make the hammer fall out of his arms. A simple hit on Mjölnir's handle with the hilt of her sword and a nudge to his forearm, made him lose his grip and make Mjölnir fall to the ground. 

Once the hammer was out of her way she swiftly danced around him, pressing two of his pressure points, making his arms immobile and pressed riptide to his neck. 

The fight hadn't even lasted for 5 minutes and Thor was slightly  out of breath. He knew she was a great fighter, but she was more than that. She was smart. 

She didn't use brute strength or force, instead she used strategies and speed. She thought of her moves and executed them with grace and agility. She used simply nudges and hits to get  the best of her opponent which saved her energy, which was why she wasn't out of breath at all.

Slowly the avengers processed the fight and came out of their shock. It seemed to happening a lot to them since they met the dark-haired lady. 

Even Natasha couldn't get her thoughts straight, as Percy capped riptide and put it in her pocket again. She knew that she was good, but this good? She was still in awe when an idea came to her mind. It could end disastrous or it could make the avenger better, way better.

"Could you train us?" she blurted out, holding the sea-green eyes with her own.