Chapter 51

***
Thor had indirectly forced Persia to participate in the Bridal Tests which were done to test whether the bride was truly fit to become royalty. And because the union between them was arranged, it was an outrage for the Greeks to allow their hero to participate in them. After Poseidon had made him realize his shortcomings, distance had grown between the couple, making Percy ask for some space, which Thor encouraged hoping that she would forgive him. She had left Asgard and come to Midgard, catching up with her family and friends where she realized that they had left Midgard without an explanation to the people about who she was after Thor had officially proposed to her.

***

Sometimes, she hated humans. This was one of those times. 

She and her very mindful fiancé had forgotten that they had left Midgard just as they revealed that one of their superheroes, one of the Avengers, had proposed to a girl. And that girl happened to be the one ducking inside a broken shack to avoid the vultures who were following her.

She quickly tied her hair in a hasty pony and tucked it in her jacket and flipped on the hood. Once she changed her appearance, at least somewhat, she curved her back, slouching. It was such a foreign posture to her, used to pushing her shoulders back and chin up. She had been trained to be seen, but now, she was trying to be hidden.

She crept her way out of the boxes and cardboard, and peeped from a corner. She breathed out a sigh of relief. They were gone. There had been 2 of them, both who were polar opposites of each other. One had been a frail, thin man, who Persia could have snapped then and there , and the other, an obese man who she was surprised had kept up with her, even if it was a brief run. They must have been tired, to give up so quickly.

She continued her way to her home, her body still ducked low. It was surreal how the rest of the teenagers walked like this. It was uncomfortable and it made her seem so small, but as for now, she was glad for that. 

It wasn't long before she saw her apartment, and some uninvited guests as well. One thing that she really loathed was that the media was targeting her mom for information. They looked like starved cats looking at a mouse, ready to pounce at any given moment. And surprise, surprise, Mr. ready-to-break and Mr. waddle-waddle were both at her front door, knocking as if ready to break down a fort.

She walked faster, knowing that if they kept it up, she was really going to break some bones. But Paul was faster. He opened the door just to launch a wave of questions and just stood there for a minute, immobile. She shrunk back, wanting to see how her step-father managed them.

It wasn't long before they quieted down, knowing that the weary-eyed man would not answer anything. The teacher in him shone through when he looked at the gathered reporters in the eyes and silenced them with a look. It was the look the teacher gave which  made the student realize that they were in deep trouble. 

It was slightly funny how it worked on the group, making them gulp and look away. She saw Paul say something and shut up when they started shouting again. This went on for a while until they dispersed, heeding Paul's words.

She walked up to him, squinting, her eyes not used to the sun after been hidden in the shadows. He immediately broke out in a smile, his eyes crinkling in the corners and engraving lines in his cheeks.

The reporters must have weighed him down. He looked as if he'd aged 10 years since she las saw him, which was just a few days ago. Before she'd left for camp, he had been normal, happy with her mother, but since she'd let the media know that she was sally's daughter, they hadn't left the Blofis's alone, trying to squeeze out any piece they had on her.

It always sent pangs of guilt through her when she thought about it...she hated seeing her mother so worried, Paul so tired. 

She needed to stop this, she decided as Paul pulled her in before more reporters came.