Chapter 26

Persia went straight to a empty bedroom, and walked inside,knowing that they both were following her. It wasn't urgent for her to know what Loki was doing, but she needed to satisfy her paranoia. 

She also needed to be with Thor, but until she wasn't done with Loki, it would have to wait, so she stood in front of them, and looked at them pointedly. She was sure that they were smart enough to understand what she was asking and she was glad for it.

"Rehab." Thor said, somehow looking proudly at his brother. Loki on the other hand was looking a bit sheepish and not meeting her eyes. "Rehab...?" she trailed off, not believing what she was hearing. 

It wasn't that she did not trust him, just by looking in Loki's green eyes she was able to deduce that he was in fact, sorry. What she didn't understand was why rehab..?

Her expression must have showed them her confusion because Loki started to explain. "I was controlled by...him. I was not in my right mind. It was as if I was stuck in my own mind, with him controlling my body. I could not tell anyone, I could not speak! Days and days of being silenced! I almost broke..." He yelled, saying the last sentence in a quiet, broken voice.

There she saw him, her real brother-in-law. The one who put up too many walls to shield himself. The one who tried to put up a brave front while he was hurting inside. The one who was hurting his whole life but was faced with even more pain

There she knew she had gained a new brother, even if he did not need a sister. She was going to help him whether or not he did not want her to. She was going to wriggle her way right to the  center of his heart and beat up all the pain there.

While she was promising vows in her head,she just looked at him with a warm smile on her face. She knew he did not need pity, so she did not give any. All she did was go up to him and sat down next to him. He finally looked at her, straightening from his hunched position and tried to wipe his tears while he gained his composure.

He was surprised that he had opened up to her so easily. He had never told anyone about his inner turmoil except Thor. He was afraid that he would be faced with harsh judgement and non-believing stares, but when the heroine sat beside him, and he looked up, he was faced with a warm smile and sympathetic eyes. But not pity. Not a ounce of pity was in her eyes, by which he knew that he did not make a mistake by letting down his walls. 

Overwhelmed by emotion, he hugged her, desperate for any source of comfort. Somehow understanding him, she hugging him back tightly, as if holding him together. They hugged for only a minute while Percy rubbed circles on his back as he trembled under the force of his own emotions. 

Finally after he stopped shivering, Percy pulled away, leaving Loki without her warmth. He desperately wanted her contact again, but knew that he was not in the position so he pulled himself together and said, "Thank you, lady Persia." 

"What is family for, brother." she said, still sitting next to him. He sat frozen still, registering her words, not believing what she had just said. He looked directly in her eyes, asking her the unspoken question. In response, she simply nodded and smiled again.

He got up quickly, not wanting to show Persia his newly formed tears and moved to leave from the isolated room. He tried mumbling a thank you but it come out as garbled rubbish from his overwhelmed self.

Embarrassed, he tried moving out again, only to be stopped by Percy's call, "goodbye, brother." He closed his eyes as tears streamed down his cheeks. There he was standing in the middle of the doorway, crying silent tears as his brother and sister watched him with kind eyes.

He was happy, so happy to have a sister. A sister who seemed to understand. A sister who saw him as he is. A sister who did not consider him a evil villain. 

He was so happy.