Chapter 5

Thor's P.O.V

My efforts to be a gentleman completely failed. Without a thought, Persia bluntly refused my offer to pick her up for our date. But, I was grateful that she at least accepted. 

I wanted to make a good first impression so I asked Tony for tips and his opinion on restaurants. He was extremely surprised but refrained himself from asking questions under my glare. Finally I settled on a expensive but cosy restaurant which i hoped she liked. I sent her the address and time and started getting ready myself. 

I wanted to dress to impress so I wore a suit instead of my usual attire. It was funny how she made me fret over something like my clothes which I never cared about before. When I was ready I flew down to the restaurant and found her already present and seated.

I stood there for quite a while just drinking in her beauty. She was wearing a coral-colored dress which was tight on top and flowed down to her knees. It was simple but she made it look extraordinary. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought this.

All the rich people present were also sneaking glances at the gorgeous lady. Even the staff members, who had seen models and actresses were enchanted by the black haired beauty. And she was completely oblivious to all the subtle glances thrown her way. 

The stares intensified when I walked over and sat down, in front of her. It was kind of embarrassing but I didn't let it show. I was used to the stares the midgardians gave and when I looked over, I saw lady Persia at ease as well, though she kind of looked irritated. Who wouldn't be when a restaurant full of people are looking at you.

Instead of turning pink with embarrassment, like I thought she would, Persia simply raised on of her perfect eyebrows and spoke to the entire crowd, "Is there something you all need?" her tone was so patronizing and filled with authority that almost everyone looked away and shut up. 

I was surprised but didn't say anything, instead I chose to ask her a few questions which she returned with  more questions. Just like this we got to know each other very well. 

She prefers to be called Percy, even though it generally is a male name. When I asked her why, she said that she saw no difference between male and female and thus had no qualm against her nickname. I also got to know that she hated formal occasions and clothing, which made me feel a bit guilty. 

There was one thing I was rather curious about which was why she had such long hair. When I put the question forward to her, she said that her hair and her eyes were the only thing she had from her father and that her hair reminded them of the ocean. She said it represented her personality and I was in complete agreement. Her hair could not be tamed and so did the sea. And she was exactly like that.

I also shared some stuff about me like my family and the avengers. I told her about their little habits quirks and how they were close to me. 

I was surprised at how easy it was for me to open up to her, but I couldn't help it. she was such a good listener and her warm and calm personality just made me want to just keep on talking to her. I was sure that she would win over the hearts of the avengers without a problem, and I was looking forward to their reaction to this amazing, beautiful woman who had just bid me goodbye and left me sitting in the restaurant alone.