Chapter 50

It was tearful reunion between her parents. Sally was a strong woman, much stronger than most but she still couldn't help but sniffle when she saw her little angel. 

She was afraid that she would leave her just like Poseidon. She had reassured herself many times. She hadn't raised her child to abandon, she told herself. And of course there was Paul, her rock, but there was always a lingering fear which chilled her bones in the back of her mind. She had stuffed it in a drawer somewhere, but it was just like a stubborn blanket, refusing to let the drawer close.

But as she held her daughter in her arms, the feeling melted, and she finally took a breath. A deep breath, inhaling her Percy's salty scent. And suddenly two more hands joined in their hug, two very familiar hands.

They stayed like that for a while, all three huddling close, someone's tears wetting her shirt, but she didn't care. She had her family close. What else did she need?

But as much as she hated the thought, she knew they couldn't stay there forever, so she untangled herself and coaxed her husband to do the same. It was fairly easy when she told them what she wanted to do. 

They got up together and moved to the kitchen, where, like always, Percy helped her bake some very special blue cookies. And they were wonderful.

***

Annabeth was not one for hugs and tears but she did manage to give Percy a good side-hug while whispering some very interesting threats right in her ear. It was a bummer though, when all she did was laugh heartily and pull her into a proper embrace with a 'missed you'.

It wasn't that long she was gone, and it wasn't that great of a deal, but after Tartarus, she might have been just a bit more paranoid. They had survived a lot together and she was glad that a man (rather god) did nothing to change their relationship. 

But it didn't mean that she was not mad at her for not contacting her for months. A few Iris message were not going to cut it and, unfortunately, Percy knew that as well. Thus, she now owed Annabeth and the rest of seven a whole pizza party when the got together next, something which she groaned about, but was secretly happy about.

***

Percy loved the Avengers. But it did not mean that she couldn't scare them a bit. Well maybe a lot.

Apparently, she 'forgot' to inform them that she was visiting them. And maybe she 'forgot' to tell them that she was coming from an air duct. Maybe she 'forgot' to tell them that she would drop in right in the middle of their board game and above Tony while smacking Bruce, hard and making the whole board with the pieces and money topple down to hit Tony. 

She was very forgetful sometimes.

But it  was amazing to see the chaos she had caused. But it was not amazing to see the gun in between her eyes, courtesy of a very reflexive assassin. Once Natasha realized who it was, she blew out an exasperated breath and hugged her, along with the whole team, who were squishing her.

But she didn't complain. It was not everyday you got hugged by a group of superheroes, especially from one who wears a flag!