zeesaint - misunderstood - 💔💦☁️

(word count: 1928)

ding.
ding.
ding.

"ugh." saint groans in annoyance, looking away from his video game for a second to pick up zee's phone which has been ringing off the hook. he puts his thumb over the sensor to unlock the phone, but it rejects.

try again.

saint pauses his game completely and uses his other thumb.

try again.

"what the hell? he deleted it?" saint questions to himself, deciding to try zee's number password.

try again.

"why would he change his passwords?" saint thinks, biting his lip.
saint looks at the notifications zee's received and sees multiple text messages from someone named max.

max💛: hey, what are you up to
max💛: wanna hang out?
max💛: 😉

saint feels his jaw clench in upset as tears prick his eyes. the door to the bathroom opens and saint abruptly stands as zee walks in the room.
zee is taken back by the angry look on saint's face and the fact that he has his phone in a tight grip in his hand.

"you okay?" zee asks.
"not really. who the fuck is max?" saint angrily questions, tossing zee's phone at him. it hits zee in the chest and falls down on the bed.
"what are you talking about?" zee questions as he picks up his phone and looks at it. a smile comes across his face when he reads the messages, which upsets saint even more.

"you're fucking unbelievable." saint scoffs as he quickly puts on his shoes and grabs his jacket to leave. zee catches him by the arm and stops him in his tracks.
"hey, where are you going?" zee asks in confusion.
"anywhere else than here." saint snaps. "why don't you invite max over to 'hang out'?" saint uses sarcastic air quotes and pushes past zee, who follows him down the stairs.

"saint! babe, hold up!" zee calls out after saint, chasing after him and grabs saint from behind to stop him.
"where are you going? i don't understand what-"
zee stops talking when he sees the tears rolling down saint's cheeks.

"baby, why are you crying?" zee asks, turning saint around to face him and he tries to wipe away the tears, but saint pushes him away.
"why do you care?"
zee looks at saint in confusion.
"i saw your texts, zee." saint states, sniffling. "from max. if you don't want to be with me anymore, you should've just told me instead of cheating."

"woah, what?! i'm not cheating on you, saint." zee tells him. "how could you think that?"
"well what about max?" saint questions.
"he's just a new friend." zee insists. "i promise i'm not cheating on you. i could never do that to you, baby."

zee pulls saint into his arm and tightly hugs him, kissing the side of his neck.
"i love you, saint." zee tells him, kissing him again. "you're my baby."
saint smiles through his tears and hugs onto zee tightly. once zee calms saint down, they sit on the couch to talk more since saint still has a lot of unanswered questions.

"why did you change your passwords?" saint asks. zee takes the case off his phone and hands it to saint.
"i dropped mine down the stairs when you were at work so i had to get a new one. i couldn't remember my old password since i always use the thumbprint so i had to make a new one." zee explains. "and honestly i forgot to add yours but why don't you do that now? the code is 0428."

saint types in the numbers and then he smiles. "your code is the date of our first date?"
zee nods and says "i couldn't have thought of anything better."
saint cringes slightly at zee's cheesy words, but he can't keep the smile off his face.