mewgulf - insecure - ☁️💦

word count: 1688

'has anyone else noticed gulf is getting bigger?'
'i'm sorry but mew needs someone better looking than gulf'
'mewgulf needs to be OVER already ugh'
'he's definitely gained some weight'
'i wonder how mew likes gulf's new look'

tears roll down gulf's face as he reads comment after comment on twitter. he usually doesn't like to read the bad comments but lately he got curious about what people have been saying and decided to look. he didn't expect so many people to be commenting on his weight.

gulf throws his phone away from him and curls in on himself, crying loudly. he runs his hands across his stomach hesitantly. has he really gained that much weight? is he ugly now?

"gulf!" the sound of mew calling his name is unheard of by gulf, his loud cries drowning out the sound.

it isn't until mew wraps his arms around gulf and pulls him into his arms does gulf register mew is there.

"my love, why are you crying?" mew asks, settling gulf onto his lap and wipes away his tears.

gulf cries into mew's shoulder for a bit, unable to stop. he feels so vulnerable but being held by mew brings him a little bit of comfort.

when gulf's shaking stops and his crying subsides, he pulls back to look at mew, who has worry etched across his face.

"do you think i'm ugly now?" gulf sniffles.

"what? baby, no, of course not. you're perfect." mew presses a kiss to gulf's sweetly, holding his face lovingly. "why are you saying this?"

"read what fans were saying on twitter.." gulf admits and mew sighs.

"baby, what have i told you about doing that? you know twitter is full of toxic people."

"i know, it was stupid.. but i think they're right. i don't look the same as i used to and you're way out of my league and-"

mew kisses gulf to silence him, unable to listen to gulf's slander about himself any longer. gulf whimpers against mew's lips as they kiss, slow sensual and soft.

"my pretty baby." mew compliments when he pulls away, brushing gulf's hair from his eyes. "you are as beautiful now as the first day i met you, gulf. don't listen to those dumb people online, they don't matter. okay?"

mew nuzzles his nose against gulf's neck, his hands traveling down to pull up gulf's shirt and runs his hands over his stomach. gulf flinches at the touch but then melts into mew's hands.

"your body is amazing, princess." mew gently pushes gulf down into a lying position and hovers above him. "can i show you how beautiful you are to me?"

gulf swallows as he thinks. his self esteem has definitely taken a blow and he isn't sure if he's comfortable enough to be naked but this is mew. his mew. he knows he will never judge him and the way mew is touching and kissing him now is already making gulf feel better.

"please.." gulf whimpers in want, pulling mew down to connect their lips. mew slowly kisses gulf, making sure not to go too fast to keep gulf feeling comfortable and safe.

"can i take your shirt off?" mew asks and gulf nods, biting his lip nervously.

"it's okay princess if you don't want to." mew reassures, looking deep in gulf's eyes to show he's serious. "i want you to feel comfortable."

"can i keep my shirt on actually?" gulf questions and mew nods.

"of course princess. whatever you want." mew unbuttons gulf's shorts and carefully pulls them down, kissing down gulf's stomach as he does.
gulf tangles his hand in mew's hair as a soft whine falls from his lips.