perthtalay - crush - ☁️

(word count: 1120)

perth stares with a smile on his face at the sleeping boy with his head in his lap. they've just finished a 5 hour dance practice and once perth sat on the couch to relax, lay joined him and a few moments later fell asleep. perth's legs have started to fall asleep but there's no way he's moving. he's had a crush on lay ever since the first time he saw him at audition day and takes advantage of any and all opportunities that arises for perth to be close to him.

as perth admires the sleeping boy, cooper and poy walk over to them.

"you two look so cute." poy gushes as he takes out his phone and starts taking pictures of the pair.

"go away or shut up." perth whispers loudly to him. "you're going to wake him up."
perth looks down at lay to make sure he's still asleep and brushes away a strand of hair from his forehead.

"so have you told him yet?" cooper asks perth.

perth shakes his head and says "i haven't had the chance. it's kind of a big thing."

"woah what are you talking about?" poy asks.

"perth's crush on lay." cooper answers.

"oh my god!" poy shrieks happily. "are you serious? you like lay?"

"shut up!" perth shushes, holding his hands over lay's ears and is glad he's such a heavy sleeper. "it's not a big deal, it's just a little crush. like the one you used to have on poy."

cooper smiles as he pulls his boyfriend to him and kisses his cheek.
"yeah and i actually told him i liked him and now look at us."

"happy and together." poy adds. "so you need to man up and tell lay your feelings."

perth sighs and looks down at the sleeping boy in his lap. he knows on some level that his friends are right. he just needs to find the courage to admit that he's hopelessly in love with lay.

"poy! cooper!" one of the staff members calls to the pair and they say their goodbyes to perth before leaving. once he's alone, perth strokes lay's hair while quietly humming to himself as he tries to convince himself to wake lay up and tell him about his crush.

perth is about to abandon his mission when lay's eyes flutter open.

"hi." lay says softly, rolling onto his stomach and rubs his face against perth's leg tiredly. "what time is it?"

"2:30." perth answers.

lay lays his head back down on perth and peers up at him with a smile on his face. perth feels his heart trying to beat out of his chest and he awkwardly smiles back at him.

"why are you staring at me like that?" perth finally asks, his face heating up as he breaks the intense eye contact.

"i may or may not have heard what you guys were talking about." lay says and perth wants to run and hide.

"you were awake that whole time?" perth asks incredulously. "why didn't you say something?"

"well i was comfortable." lay says with a shrug. "plus i really was going to nap until poy came over being loud."

silence settles between the two as perth nervously begins to bounce his leg and just stares at lay waiting for him to speak first.

"so...you really have a crush on me?" lay asks.

there it is. he really said it as simple as that.

perth shyly nods and looks away, covering his face with his hands. he doesn't want to see the horror or disgust on lay's face.

lay sits up and takes perth's hands away.
"it's okay, no need to hide." lay says to him.

"i'm embarrassed." perth whines. "this is not the way i wanted this to go. you weren't supposed to hear that."

"but...i'm glad i did." lay says, surprising perth. he moves closer to him and puts his hand on perth's leg looking into his eyes.

"i like you too."

"y-you do?"

lay nods shyly and says "yeah. for a long time actually. i've just been too shy to make the first move. and when i heard you tell cooper and poy, my heart started beating so fast."

perth smiles and lets out a small sigh of relief. he can't believe lay likes him back. he's been so worried for no reason.

"you have no idea how happy this makes me." perth says as he engulfs lay in a hug, both of them falling over onto the couch. perth puts his hands on either side of lay's head and hovers over lay.
they stare at each other in silence with big smiles on their faces, one waiting for the other to do or say something.

perth leans down and brushes his lips softly against lay's. "can i kiss you?" he asks and lay instantly nods as he closes the space between them and connects their lips. their lips fit together perfectly like a puzzle piece.

lay feverishly kisses perth and doesn't mind the lack of oxygen or the possibility they might get caught. perth doesn't either.
they finally separate when the need for air becomes too much and lay giggles, hiding his face in perth's neck shyly.

"you taste good." perth blurts out and lay whines embarrassingly, smacking perth's chest.
"shut up.."
"it's true." perth pulls lay's face from his hiding place and kisses him again.

"wait."
perth halts the kissing and pulls away from lay, who whines and pouts.
"what does this mean? are we...together?" perth asks.

lay smiles shyly with a shrug. "i don't know...i want to be yours."
he peers at perth with hopeful eyes and adds "what do you want?"

"for you to be my boyfriend." perth answers, tenderly grabbing the side of lay's face. "officially. yes?"

lay nods quickly and says "yes, yes. i'll be your boyfriend."

perth smashes his lips hungrily against lay's, his heart swelling with happiness and love. he can't believe lay is really his.
lay grips perth's shirt in his fists as he moans against perth's lips. his whole body feels amazing and he wants more and more of perth.

"don't stop." lay groans, pulling perth closer as he deepens the kiss. he slides his tongue in perth's mouth, surprising perth but he quickly pushes past the shock and takes control.

"oh my god! perthlay! perthlay!"

the two scramble away from each other upon hearing the cheering, hair disheveled and faces beat red.
cooper and poy are laughing while perth and lay die from embarrassment.

"let's go anywhere else." lay pleads and perth nods, grabbing lay's hand and they flee the waiting room, ignoring cooper and poy's teasing shouts.

*i feel like this sucked but i hope the people who requested perthtalay are satisfied*