11. Moving on.

ABHISHEK

Aish seemed quite disturbed, even though we were sitting in the car outside Jallianwala Bagh.

An idea striked my mind and I went on to execute it.

"Where are we going?" Aish asked, once she noticed the car was moving.

"You'll see." I smiled at her.

*

Aish's eyes lit up once she realised  where we were. I brought her to a street shopping area.

"Are you serious?" She asked in excitement.

"Very much. Come let's go." I said, stepping out of the car.

I held her hand in mine and walked towards the shops.

We were at a shop that sold scarfs before she pulled me towards another shop. This one sold accessories made out of thread. And by the looks of it, she looked very fascinated by it.

She got herself a black anklet which only had a small silver feather hanging from it. Next she bought two black thread-bracelet kind of thing. I don't really know what it's called but it looks really pretty.

While she let her eyes roam around the street, taking it in, I kept my eyes on her, taking her beauty in.

"Let's go there." She said excitedly, grabbing my arm and walking towards the direction she wanted to go.

A smile made its way on my face when I looked at our intertwined fingers.

Aish loved shopping is all I could say. She bought so many things, but most of them for her family. She just bought an anklet and two bracelets for herself.

We kept all the items in the car and just strolled on the street, hand in hand.

"You know what I think we're all a little bit too afraid of?" Aish asked all of a sudden, staring ahead.

"What?" I asked, glancing at her.

"Moving on." She said.

She looked at me before continuing.

"It's quite simple despite it's complexity." She shrugged.

"Nothing that was meant for you will go away and sometimes you don't end up with the person you love the most. Maybe life has something else prepared for you and I know, I know that sometimes we get so caught up in our emotions that we don't care about the future possibilities but it's only because we didn't give ourselves time to heal, to get hold of the rush of feelings at our current emotional state.
We all have several questions that we can't get the answers to so we could move past." She said, chuckling at the last sentence.

"Moving on maybe the hardest to deal with but you'll come to terms with it. You never know, we might find a love that isn't perfect but is definitely real. As real as love could ever be." She smiled.

I knew what she was trying to hint here. But neither of us wanted to even try.

It's funny how Aish could get so philosophical with words, but sometimes is too afraid to implement the same in her life.

"I know what you're thinking." She chuckled.

I looked at her to find her already looking at me.

"You're one beautiful person." She said, looking into my eyes.

"You know, I try so much to distance myself from you, but each time I fail miserably." She chuckled lightly.

"You're something I always get intoxicated to just by laying my eyes on you." She added.

"What have you done to me, Abhishek Sharma!" She muttered, shaking her head.

"The same, what you've done to me." I said, loud enough for her to hear.

I noticed her smiling while looking ahead.

We walked back to the car silently.

Before I could start the car, Aish spoke up.

"Wait! Wait! Before I forget...." she started, and searched in her shopping bags for something.

Pulling out the two bracelet kind of thing she bought earlier, she looked at me with a smile.

She put one bracelet on her wrist, before turning towards me. Grabbing my left wrist, she put the other bracelet on it.

"Now, we have matching bracelets... or threads... or whatever it's called." She grinned like a child, while looking at me.

She's so cute, God!

I called the boys and informed them that we were heading straight back to the resort.

The ride back home was more comfortable and fun than the one in the morning.

Aish and I spoke continuously about the most random and stupid things. We went through a McDonald's drive through to get some burgers and fries before hitting the main road again.

"Aish." I called her out.

"Yeah?" She asked, munching on her fries.

"This is the reason I want to believe that there's more." I said.

"More to what?" She questioned.

"More to finding yourself, more to life, more to love, more to us. If there's anything that has kept me going, it's this."

-------

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!❤