14. All that matters.

ABHISHEK

Sitting on my bed, the only thing I could think about was my last meet with Aish.

I know I was really rude to her, but I just couldn't help myself. I've tried everything possible to get us together, but she does not even care.

Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I looked at the time on my phone.

10:59 a.m.

Mom and dad had left early in the morning and Komal di would be leaving in a few minutes.

Seems like today is a ME day, but if I get too bored I'll just go to the mall or something.

The doorbell went off and Komal di screamed that she'd get the door.

A few minutes later there was a knock on my door.

I opened the door and found Komal di standing.

"I'll be leaving now, take care." She said.

"Also, Zaisha is in the living room, waiting for you." She added, before walking towards the living room with me following her.

"Bye Zaisha, take care." Komal di said, hugging her.

I locked the main door after Komal di left, and turned around to see Aish sitting on the couch, fiddling with her fingers.

Sitting across her, I looked down at my own hands before shifting my gaze on her.

"So...?" I started.

"I'm sorry." She said.

I looked at her; confused.

"I'm sorry for putting you through all these, for making you run behind me, for pushing you away. I'm just.... sorry." She apologized.

I nodded, looking at her.

"It's okay." I replied.

I really didn't know what else to say. I'm just surprised to see her here.

"God, this is so difficult." She muttered to herself, which I think I wasn't supposed to hear, but did anyway.

"Uhm.. you want something to eat or drink?" I asked her.

"No, thanks." She said, giving me a small smile.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. And trust me, it was very awkward.

"What is it, Aish?" I sighed, looking at her.

She took a deep breath before saying, "So my daadu said something last night."

"That is?" I asked.

"There will come a time in your life when you will become infatuated with a single soul. For this person you'd do anything and not think twice about it, but when asked why.... you have no answer. You'll try your whole life to understand how a single person can affect you as much as they do, but you'll never find out. And no matter how badly you hate it or how badly it hurts... you'll love this person without regret, for the rest of your life." She said, looking at me.

"You make me feel like I'm intoxicated." She sighed.

"Intoxicated by you." She added.

I looked at her and was met by some foreign emotion in her eyes.

"You know, when daadu was telling me that, I could only think about you. And, I realised how wrong I was to always push you away." She said.

I stayed quiet and took in whatever she just said.

Looking up at her, I found her eyes already looking at me.

"I'm sorry, Abhay. I'm sorry for letting my insecurities overpower my feelings." She sighed.

Before I could speak up, she started speaking again, "I know what I did was horrible. It makes people feel so vulnerable. Love can open your chest and open your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build a whole suit of armour, so that nothing can hurt you. Then one stupid person, like me, wanders into your life.-" Aish had started crying by now, so I rushed to her and knelt down infront of her, taking her hand in mine.

"-You give them a piece of you. They did something stupid one day, like kiss you or something, and then your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way to your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. It-"

I cut off her sentence by placing my lips on hers.

She looked shocked for a second but kissed me back after she recovered.

I smiled into the kiss before pulling away and looking into her eyes.

"You've realised it and that is all that matters to me. You matter to me." I whispered, before kissing her knuckles.

"I love you." She whispered.

Grinning up at her, I leaned my forehead up against hers, before saying, "And I love you."

-----

Yaaaaaayy! Finally!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! ❤