19. To the present.

ABHISHEK

{Back to the present}

I looked at my kids to see their reaction.

Both Kiara and Rohan had their mouths wide open.

"So.... you just left her?" Kiara gasped.

"I-"

Before I could say anything, she opened her mouth again.

"I can't believe you, dad. You walked away from her?" She asked again, standing up from the couch.

After pacing back and forth for a few seconds with mumbling something to herself, she started speaking again.

"I honestly didn't expect that from you! She was with you even when the entire nation was against her. She was with you even when people picked at her for being your girlfriend. And... and... you just.... you just left her alone."

"Kia, listen to me-" I tried speaking.

"No dad! What you did was wrong. You can't just leave her alone because she got pregnant. She was carrying your child for god's sake!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Kia-" I tried again.

"Dad, leaving her was the most selfish thing you could've ever done. She was always there for you, but when she needed you the most, you weren't!" She spoke, looking disappointed.

I decided not to speak for the time being.

"Dad, why?" Rohan asked.

"By the story you narrated, she seemed like a very good person. Why would you leave someone like her?" He questioned, softly.

There was an awkward silence as none of us spoke further.

"Do you still talk to her?" Kiara asked, softly.

"I don't know how to tell this to you guys-" Kiara interrupted me. Again.

"Wow." She chuckled sarcastically.

"So, now you're telling me that you don't even speak to her?" She asked.

"I mean, dad, why? And how could you?" She questioned further.

"That was your baby in her womb!" She added.

"You know the first mistake you did was run away from her the day you got to know she was pregnant." Kiara said.

And she was right.

Running away in the name of 'I need some time to think' was the biggest fault I did when she needed me the most.

I wish I hadn't walked away from her that day. Things wouldn't have turned the way it did.

"I know Kiara." I said.

"And, trust me I can never forgive myself for that." I added with a sad smile.

"Dad." Rohan called out.

"Yeah, Ro?"

"Can you tell us more about Aish?"

"She's magic." I started with a smile.

"Aish is someone who'll give you a philosophical talk, but at times won't follow it herself. She loves watching sunsets and stars. She'll make you laugh even when you don't want to. She's that ray of hope and light in your darkest of days. She's magic." I said.

"Once you get intoxicated to her, it's impossible to sober up." I chuckled.

Both Rohan and Kiara smiled.

"She's that magic, you let go." Kiara said, smiling sadly.

"I wish we could meet her." Rohan added, still smiling.

"Meet whom? And who's that magic Abhay let go?"

All three of us turned to look at the person who spoke.

"Mom!" Rohan exclaimed; shocked.

I just wish my kids don't spill this out otherwise my wife is going to get so mad at me.

"Can someone tell me what's happening?" She asked.

"Ro, whom do you wish to meet? And Kia, who's that magic Abhay let go?" She questioned again.

Silently praying to god that my kids look at me once so that I could tell them through my eyes to not disclose anything about this.

Kids, please look at me.

Kiara, look at me.

Rohan, look at me for god's sake.

Please.

"Aish is that magic dad let go of several years ago." Kiara stated.

Mentally facepalming myself, I thanked God for being this cruel to me.

"And she's the one I wish to meet." Rohan added.

"Also, mom." He spoke again quickly.

"Did you know about this Aish chick?" He asked.

"I do know about this Aish chick, because Rohan, I am that Aish chick." Said Zaisha.

-------

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!❤