Chapter 4: Wishes

This is y/n's story, a little background on who she really is and how it all started.

*****************************************

[Hong Kong, China]

"Y/N! It's time for dinner!" My mother called out and I replied "Okay mom!" I shouted as I stood in the garden.
Today was my thirteenth birthday and I was excited, I was expecting a huge birthday party but my family fell on hard times and had little money.
I had to drop out of school and work on my neighbors farm just to eat a decent meal, I was never ungrateful because I was happy with my life.
I wanted to meet King Yixing and get to know him, everyone called him a madman but I just thought maybe he was misunderstood.
I went inside and set at the table where there was a lot of food and a birthday cake, I didn't understand how my parents got all of this.
"I thought we couldn't afford this?" I asked and they smiled brightly.

Mom: "I got a new job, I'm now a maid for the King." She said and I smiled because I really wanted to meet him.

Before I could speak there was a knock at the door and a man walked in, he was extremely handsome and seemed like a nice guy.

Mom: "Oh! King Yixing, what a pleasant surprise." My mother said and bowed, but my father just rolled his eyes at the King as if he was a disgrace.

"I'm glad I could be here, so this is your daughter?" He asked and set next to me, I started to feel afraid of him but I kept calm

Yixing: "Happy birthday my soon to be wife." He said and I looked over at my mother and father.

Junmyeon: "WHAT!? HONEY WHAT DID YOU DO!?" He yelled at my mother and she began to cry.

Mom: "I sold our daughter, I had too we were about to lose our home so he made me a deal. When y/n turns eighteen she will become his wife."

Junmyeon: "Over my dead body! My daughter will not marry some monster! I suggest you leave." Father said as he picked up the shotgun.

You: "Mom how could you! Why would you sale me off to the King!?"

Mom: "I had to, darling I had to give you a better life. We were about to lose everything and I didn't have time to think, I'm so sorry."

Yixing: "How cute, you cry for your daughter!? Please don't worry because I won't hurt her. I'll be back when she's eighteen." He said and left our home.

Father was angry and slapped mother, causing her to fall to the floor. I ran over to her as she cried, I hugged her tightly because father was upset.
I knew father was abusive but he's never hit her in front of me until now. "Go to your room and pack! I'm sending you away for a while!" My father said and I quickly did what I was told.

Mom: "You can't! He'll kill me." She begged and pleased but father wasn't listening, he was angry.

The door suddenly opened and Yixing walked in, father quickly put me in the carriage of my neighbors and told me to stay quiet so I did. Father was stabbed in the chest and mother was decapitated, I was so scared that he'd kill me to so I stayed quiet.
I came to the realization that Yixing never left, he heard everything.
I watched as my family was slaughtered and I couldn't do anything, I wanted to help them but I couldn't I was a coward.
I saw Yixing as he looked for me but after a while he gave up, I suddenly passed out and I couldn't remember anything when I woke up again. I was in America as if nothing happened, and my father was still alive. I was so lost but I was okay. I was now eighteen years old and I have been in America for five years.
Till this day my memory hasn't returned, and I wanted to keep it that way. The doctor told me it was because of the trauma and I would get my memory back but I didn't want it, I didn't want to remember what kind of awful thing that I saw.

[End Of Chapter]