Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Misheard

Thursday, August 9, 2018, 12:00 PHT

It was already 11:55 in the morning when the administration teachers dismissed us after the long program that had started early in the morning. My butt already ached for sitting for almost four hours straight.

Students are walking down the hallway to exit from the building. The gymnasium is covered and centralized, good thing I wear my pink hoodie. The hallway is filled with laughters and murmurs of students.

That was noisy.

For the past three days, we have been attending seminars. The first day of school was the orientation day, which I slightly enjoyed because the school administrators introduced the teachers from different colleges. One thing I noticed was the teachers of College of Education looking really terrifying in a strict way. They intimidate students.

On Tuesday, the seminar was about mental health, on how to deal with stress. The school's Office of the Student Affairs prepared for it, and it was successful. I've learned how to deal with potential stress that I may encounter as a college student.

Basically, they conducted that seminar to teach us how to cope up with emotional, mental and physical stress in school. The speaker reminded us that we have to drink water to hydrate the brain after the long discussion or activity we perform. Hence, I definitely need water right now because it's stressful to just sit there and listen to the three speakers without a break.

Yesterday, we attended gender equality seminar. It was quite fun and knowledgeable because they taught us the rights of human to be free; right to life, education and expression.

I am quite stunned that this school is gender-friendly because not every school have this characteristic. Everyone is accepted and no one should be left behind regardless of the gender identity we have. The speakers of this seminars had presented us some games to play. Apparently, I didn't join because I was a little shy but Eric joined in every game. I guessed, it made him more popular amongst us since he is indeed friendly.

Anyway, today we had a leadership seminar. They discussed the difference between a 'boss' and a 'leader'; where a leader lead the group in doing the task while the boss just tell his subordinates to do the task.

In connection with that, it was really helpful because the Vice President for Academic Affairs mentioned that we were to have student's day tomorrow from 8 AM to 5 PM. The student's day will be our ticket to look for a student organizations and clubs we want to join.

I am absolutely to look for a writer's organization— my thoughts was interrupted when a tall guy with the thick eyebrows joined me in my peaceful walk.

"Hi ate." He greeted me with an adorable smile on his face.

"Hello po." I greeted him back and gave him a timid smile.

"Nagrerecruit kami ng mga singers," he started saying before he gave me a paper. "If you're interested on joining us, nadyan sa papel ang location ng office namin."

I took the paper and looked at it. I glanced at him while we were passing by the fountain. "Tomorrow?"

"Yes. First batch ng audition bukas. Anyway, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I am Harvey. BSBA fourth year student." He offered me his hand while we were walking.

Huh? "Javi?" I thought out loud. We stopped in front of the basketball covered-court.

"No, not Javi. It's Harvey." He chuckled. I looked at his eyes. He has the same color of Javi's brown eyes.