Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Sleepover
Note: Skip some parts of this chapter for 16 and below. Thanks!

Friday, August 10, 2018, 20:00 PHT

"Ate, paki akyat na lang sa taas 'yang mga chips. Hindi na keri ng mga kamay ko eh," Francine told me before I heard her footsteps stomping up on the stairs.

Just like any other people, I really love Friday night. Daddy is home early and Mommy doesn't have online meeting tonight. I came home early too.

Kaninang tanghali, around 2 PM I went to TGC's office, and to my surprise I saw kuya Cedric there. Supposedly, He was one of the interviewer na mag-iinterview sa akin but I told the publication staffers that kuya Cedric and I knew each other.

Apparently, kuya Cedric is ate Adie's ex boyfriend. They were high school sweethearts. Nakakatawang isipin na may Cedric dati si ate Adie at ako naman ay may Javi dati.

"Dati..." ang pait sa bibig.

The interview was fine and quite fun kasi gusto ko talaga ng mga seryosong usapan eh. It was so serious and a little nervous at first but I had them laughing because of my wit. They even asked me what if magkaroon ako ng affair sa loob ng publication which is prohibited daw, so I told them na I wouldn't want to do that because I went to the publication to write. Someone told me what if maging head over heels ako sa tao na 'yon?

It made me laugh, really. So I told them how could I ever be so head over heels to someone when I'm still in love with somebody else? They were like:
"Ahh so you're taken? How can you handle the time in acads and publication at the same time when you also have a boyfriend?"
"Having a jowa does need time, right? Especially to check on them time to time."

"Apparently I am single and I have my free time only for myself and for my thoughts." That was what I only told them. I have no plan of telling them how I have no boyfriend but I'm still in love. That's far from their real business with me.

"Hoy, Ate!"

"Ay dati!"

"Anong dati? Akin na nga 'to. Ang tagal mo naman kasi. Nag-start na 'yung movie, naiinip na si Daddy eh saka baka antukin na si Mommy," my sister complained while she was getting the remaining foods on the table.

After she gets all the foods, she leaves me again while I am still spacing out. I am standing near the table while I am still stirring the milk on the glass. Hindi ko alam kung gaano katagal ko na bang hinahalo ang gatas na iinumin ko sana. When I touched the glass, the milk wasn't hot anymore. Nevertheless I still took it with me, kasi sayang naman kung itatapon ko. Hindi naman nagtatae ng pera ang mga magulang ko para magsayang ng pagkain.

I was about to go to the second floor when I saw Javi laughing at me when I tripped on the foyer.

"Ouch.." I moaned in pain. Ang sakit ng tuhod ko.

"Shit. Hindi ka okay." He claimed and he helped me to stand on my own. My hands are on his shoulders. He laughed at me but when he realized I was hurt he panicked.

"Obviously? Ikaw kaya matapilok at madapa, would you still be okay? Ang sakit kaya tapos—" I snapped, frowning at him. I was just excited to see him kaya napatakbo ako nang malaman ko na nandito na siya. Friday kasi ngayon and he's going to sleep here for the first time. I am glad that my parents trust him so much that he can stay here now over night.

"Are you on your period?" He bent his one knee to kneel on the floor and to check my knees. He caressed both my knees and brushed off the dust I got from the floor.