V

4 more days. 4 more days in that torturous hellhole had passed. Y/n and Tanjiro finally emerged from final selection. Bruised, battered and cut, but alive. Y/n looked around at the people that survived. In surprise, he realise that only about 3 other people were there. A girl with black hair, Zenitsu, and some other edgy looking guy with a mohawk. He realised sadly that Mordecai and Inosuke wasn't there. It was a shame. He had sincerely hoped that they would survive. Tanjiro also seemed to look sad about how little people were left. 

Zenitsu was mumbling to himself, eyes wide and glossy with fear in them. He was muttering to himself, Y/n managed to catch some of it. "Im gonna die... with Mordecai gone Im gonna die... No one is here to protect me... Might as well just commit seppuku right now and get it over with... I cant believe Kai is gone..." He whimpered, tears streaming down his face. Guilt washed over the h/c boy.

A young girl, whom he hadn't met yet, stood smiling in the centre. She had a hairpiece on her hair and a white cape. She had a slight, blissful smile on her face, as if she'd just returned from the hot springs. Her skirt was cut off at her knees, but her shins were covered by her boots, reassuring her warmth. A small butterfly rested daintily on her finger. She somehow seemed to be unscathed.

The last boy looked... scary to say the least. His combination of a mohawk and a huge scar across his face made him look intimidating, not to mention his deeply furrowed eyebrows and angry look in his eyes. 

A pair of pale girls at the top of the mountain started speaking, meaning it was time for Y/n to zone off and take a quick nap. His tranquility was interrupted when he heard rustling in the forest. Everyone grabbed their katana's out of reflex, except maybe the blondie, but no one expected what they saw.

A small boy with brown hair emerged from the forest of wisteria tree's, panting and breathing heavily, a dark blood stain spreading throughout his clothes. "Hah... Zenitsu, you rat bastard!" the boy cursed and raised his head, revealing his iconic dull, grey eyes and deep eye bags. Blood was trickling down from his skull, clumping up his hair and dirtying his skin. The red liquid was also seeping out of his mouth and nose, and out of, like, 3 places across his body, including his stomach, arm and leg. He was gripping his arm and limping heavily. Zenitsu had his hands over his mouth, giving Kai a look of shock. "Thats right... I lived, bitch!" he cheered but winced, stumbling. The blonde boy rushed over and held the other boy in his arms, wailing loudly.

"Waaaah! Mordecai! I thought you were dead! Thank goodness!" Zenitsu sobbed loudly, earning himself a chuckle from his friend. 

"Just get me some help, you jerk..."

Tanjiro smiled gently and the reunion. Y/n found that quite odd, especially considering Tanjiro had never met them, but he supposed that was the curse of being kind. Though he would never admit it, the e/c's eyed boys soul grew softer.

After Kai was shipped off to get medical treatment, the two girls continued with their speech and Y/n continued to doze off, that is until a couple of birds came at them. He shrieked slightly as an owl approached him instead of the usual crow. He gave it a look of confusion. The owl introduced himself in a British accent, which freaked him out even more, but he eventually started cackling at the accent, which resulted in the owl angrily pecking at him. 

While that was happening, a certain black haired male started screaming at the girl about a sword. That seriously pissed Y/n off. He wasn't the most sympathetic or empathetic person in the world, but one thing he did not tolerate was rudeness. It seemed to anger Tanjiro too, because he angrily stormed toward the guy with the mohawk, Y/n at his tail. The boy with red hair grabbed the others hand. 

"Let go of her this instant!" He demanded. "If you don't let go, I'll break your arm!"

"Hah?! Who the hell are you?! You can try!" the dude with the mohawk sneered rather cockily.