XIV

Tanjiro instantly recognised the voice. It was Giyu. Rui reached out an arm and the cage closed in  on the black haired man. He didn't react. He simply let his blade gently caress the ground and the wires scattered. He moved past the demon, who looked beyond shocked, and swiftly cut off his head with ease. Rui's eyes widened as his head fell to the ground. His gaze landed on Tanjiro, who was crawling over to his sister while holding onto his friend. He soon successfully reached her and held both of them, Y/n limp and Nezuko gripping his haori tightly. 

Rui's limp body collapsed next to the trio. He watched with wide eyes as Tanjiro placed his hand on the demons back as a way to pay respects. His body slowly dissolved into nothing and his spirit was blown away by the wind. Y/n weakly reached a hand out and placed it on Tanjiro's. 

"Dont waste pity on a demon who's eaten hundreds of humans. Even if it look like a child, he's lived for hundreds of years" Giyu stated coldly and stepped on the demons haori. 

"I will swing my blade at any demon who's eaten humans with no mercy..." Tanjiro started and held Nezuko and Y/n closer. "But I will not belittle those who regret their actions! They were once human... just like myself..." 

Y/n let out a wheeze. "Tanji, buddy, my lungs..." he coughed. 

"Oh, Im sorry!" Tanjiro quickly apologised and loosened his grip. 

The e/c eyed boy held onto Rui's haori. "Move... your foot..."  Giyu reluctantly did as he was told. He pulled the haori onto himself and held it closer. 

"Demons aren't ugly, worthless creatures. They are pitiful, once alive, but now empty shells" Tanjiro continued. 

Giyu remained silent and looked at Y/n. "What's with him?" he asked. 

"I... I don't know..." Tanjiro looked down helplessly. "We were fighting and he suddenly collapsed and started talking about pain in his chest... like a burning..."

Giyu didn't say anything again. "Wait... you are...!" he started, but got interrupted. He deflected an incoming attack from another slayer. 

"Hm? Why did you block me, Tomioka?" a woman's voice asked playfully. The demon slayer landed on her feet gracefully. "You said yourself that there's no getting along with demons, yet there are one, maybe even two under that boy. What are you doing? That's why people dont like you, you know!"

Y/n snorted, but curled up in pain when he laughed. What did she mean by 2 demons? There was only Nezuko. Maybe the scent of Rui's haori threw her off? God knows. He was tired and in too much pain to think. 

The woman simply moved her blade up and pointed at Giyu. "Now move, Tomioka"

"I..." Giyu spoke. "I dont think I'm disliked..."

Surprise washed over everyones face. "Oh! I'm sorry, you didn't know!" the woman apologised, which deepened everyones shock. "Boy!" she turned to Tanjiro. "Are you aware that you're lying on top of..." she squinted. Something was seriously messing with her senses. There was one demon and one human, but she could sense 2 demons. She decided that she was probably just being too cautious. "...a demon? Get out of the way, so that I could-"

"No, you've got it wrong! Well, not wrong, but... um..." Tanjiro stumbled over his words. "She's my sister!"

"Oh? Is that right?" the woman asked. "In that case, I'll use a gentle poison to kill her"

"Can you two move?" Giyu asked. 

"I can, but I dont know about him..." Tanjiro muttered. 

"Gather yourselves and get going. Get up and flee. No matter how much it hurts" the black haired man urged. 

Apathetic Demon slayer (KNY/Demon slayer x male reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें