IX

Mordecai pulled himself from under Tanjiro's grip. He stood with his hands on his hips, smiling. "Aye! Puzzles! I love me some puzzles!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. The little girl didn't seem to be so thrilled. 

"Uuu..." She sobbed, tears rolling down her face. 

"Ah, dont cry! I don't do crying!" Mordecai's confident stance melted away. 

"Im sorry about your getting separated, but I'll protect you, okay? Zenitsu... well, im not sure about Zenitsu, but Y/n will do everything in his power to protect your brother, so no need to worry. Whats your name?" he wiped the tears off her face. 

"...Teruko..." she mumbled. 

"Is that so? Thats such a pretty name!" Tanjiro smiled cheerfully. 

"How in the world are you so good with children..?" Mordecai muttered in utter confusion. 

They were interrupted when a thumping rang down the hallway. A large demon revealed itself. It was odd. It has greasy black hair that fell over his shoulders and drums along his body. Mordecai immediately grabbed his katana, but refrained from attacking. Tanjiro stood still in front of Teruko to shield her from any incoming attacks. The demon stared ahead with its blood red eyes as 3 pairs of eyes, grey, red and brown, stared it down. 

On the other side of the mansion, things were very different. "Kyaaa! Im gonna die! Im gonna die!" Zenitsu wailed. "I'm separated from Tanjiro and Mordecai! All I have is Y/n!"

"Hey!" Y/n barked, clearly offended. 

"Teruko! Teruko, were are you?!" The boy started calling out his sisters name. 

"Noooo! Don't yell so loudly!" Zenitsu yelled back. "Lets go outside!" 

Y/n just clicked his tongue at the hypocrisy of this guy. 

"Why are we leaving?" The boy asked. "Do you plan on running away? You cry about death, don't you feel ashamed? Is there not a single drop of shame? Is that sword fake?" he asked calmly. Y/n started cackling at the absolute roasts that he just spat. 

"Uwah! Those are really sharp words! You're so cruel!" Zenitsu sobbed. "Its because I can't do anything alone!" he defended himself and grabbed the boys hand. 

"Let go!"

"Lets find a grown up to help!" the blondie started running, Y/n following lazily. "We cant handle this on our own!" he slammed open a door, but it just revealed a relatively empty room. "Huh?! But this was the entrance!" he whined. "Is it there?!" he yelled and pulled another door open. There was an empty room with someone... or something in the middle of it. As the person turned his head, it was revealed that it was a boar head. A very familiar one. 

"I know you!" Y/n exclaimed and pointed at him. 

"Aaah! A monster!" Zenitsu screamed and crouched down in an attempt to hide. The boar man didn't answer and just sped off, bouncing off the walls, speeding down the hallway. "Don't look at me like that!" he wailed and pointed at the boy, who looked very, very disappointed. 

"Boy" Y/n spoke up. "Whats your name?" he asked. 

"Shoichi" the boy answered. 

"Alright. Let's go, Shoichi. Zenitsu, you come if you want to. Either that or wallow in your self pity" Y/n spoke loudly and started heading down the hallway, the boy at his tail. 

"Waah! Thats so cruel, Y/n!" Zenitsu cried and scrambled to his feet to follow the two. 

"Teruko" Tanjiro spoke. "Hold it in. Don't scream. Don't go into the corridor, just stay hidden behind the shelves"