VII

"Y/n, Y/n wake up..!" Tanjiro quietly urged and gently shook his partner. 

"Hm... 5 more minutes..." Y/n yawned and rolled over.

"Come, we're at Tokyo" Tanjiro continued. 

"What?" the boy sat up, looking slightly offended. "Why didn't you wake me up? I told you to wake me up!" he pouted. 

"You were so peaceful, I didn't want to disrupt!" Tanjiro answered quietly. "Come now, we have demons to slay!" Y/n nodded and hopped out of the cart, running to the city that was nearby. As he entered it, he stared at it in utter shock and awe. It was truly beautiful. 

"Uwah! Tanjiro, check this out!" Y/n grinned widely and ran in, the Kamado siblings at his tail. 

"Its as bright as the sun!" the boy gasped. Thankfully, it wasn't the actual sun, or else Nezuko would've been long gone. "Its making me feel dizzy... Y/n, Nezuko, lets go there" he dragged the two to a secluded area, but the girl didn't budge. The boys gave her a confused look as she skipped to a flower vendor, picked a fresh sunflower and handed it to Y/n. 

"Oh, I didn't even notice that it was wilting, thank you, Nezuko!" the boy beamed and replaced the flowers. Nezuko looked very proud and happy with herself as Tanjiro apologised promptly to the cashier and handed him a few coins.

After that whole ordeal, Tanjiro managed to drag his partners to a nearby cart and ordered 2 bowls of yamakake noodles, one for Y/n and one for himself. Speaking of the e/c eyed boy, he was childishly swinging his legs on the bench, having a short, one sided conversation about what he was dreaming about during his long nap. A batch of noodles was finished almost instantly, which Tanjiro decided to give to Y/n. 

"Food for your highness" Tanjiro smiled and handed the boy a bowl of food, who immediately started wolfing it down like an animal. "You eat like a barbarian!" he scolded the little boy and smacked him, stifling a small smile. Y/n just simply grinned and proceeded to eat his noodles civilly and calmly, though not for long as there wasn't much left. Tanjiro opened his mouth to say something again, but stopped. The e/c eyes boy next to him looked at him in confusion as he stood up and started running in a certain direction.

"Woah, Tanjiro!" Y/n yelled after him, setting his bowl down. "Dammit, don't leave me here!" he whined and followed his friend as he tore through the crowd. After a few seconds of running, Tanjiro grabbed the shoulder of a young man, who slowly turned around. Pale red eyes met dark maroon ones, rendering Y/n confused. Why on earth was Tanjiro so worked up over this guy? He had a kid and a wife!

"Daddy? Who is this person?" a little girl asked, clinging onto her 'dad'.

"Do you have something you want from me? Why were you so panicked?" The man with black hair. If Y/n was being honest, he did seem quite suspicious. He radiated a deadly and violent sound. Just to be sure, he gripped the hilt of his katana.

"Oh, who is this?" a woman asked as Tanjiro's look of horror deepened. The little family continued to discuss and Y/n looked around nervously. Something was going to go south, he could tell, he just didn't know what. The moment of realisation struck him as soon as he watched the man swipe his arm at the innocent bystander beside him. 

"Get down!" Y/n yelled as the bystanders expression morphed from pain to a demon. He tackled the new demon to the ground just as he took a bite of the woman's shoulder. Tanjiro was also quick to act and pressed a cloth to the woman's wound. The e/c eyed boy took his sheathed katana and forced it into the demons mouth, using it as a muzzle to keep him in place before Tanjiro arrived to help.

"Kibutsuji Muzan!" Tanjiro yelled, making the man with wavy hair stop mid walk. "I won't let you get away! No matter where you go, I will pursue you until the ends of hell itself! I will behead you with my very own blade!"