VIII

Tanjiro lowered his sword and watched the demon slowly dissolve into nothing. He dropped to his knees, and then onto his stomach.

"Tanjiro!" Y/n exclaimed, trying to remain on his feet. "Nezu...ko!" he mumbled that last part as he watched his teammate kick back a Temari ball. "What the..." he muttered, watching in awe as the ball flew past the demon and hit the wall behind her. His knees soon completely gave up and he came crashing down. "Tanjiro, wait!" he whined and started using his one good arm to desperately claw at the ground and crawl after his friend, who was also crawling with his katana in his mouth.

"Ahaha! How interesting, little girl! How about we-" Sasumaru started.

"12 kizuki-san, are you aware of Kibutsuji's identity?" Tamayo interrupted.

The demon froze. "What the hell are you talking about?! You're just an escapee, nothing more!" Sasumaru roared in defence. 

"He is nothing but a coward. He's always afraid" Tamayo continued calmly through Sasumaru's demands for her to stop. "Do you know why demons cant work together? And why demons kill each other? He did so to prevent and potential attacks. You are being manipulated"

"Shut up! The great one is not some minor villain! His power is greater than anything else! He's stronger than anyone!" the demon argued. "Kibutsuji-sama is--!" her hand shot up to her mouth in horror. Tamayo lifted her bloodied arm.

"You shouted his name. Now the curse would activate. How sad. Goodbye now" Tamayo said in a monotone manner. A sad look washed over Y/n's face. He knew all too well about the curse. It was a miserable ending, even for a demon. He looked over at Tanjiro, who seemed confused, just so that he wouldn't have to watch the scene that was about to unfold. 

"Waaah!" the demon wailed and ran towards the moon. "Please forgive me! Please forgive me! Please!" it was too late. A hand shot out from her mouth, latching onto her head and crushing it mercilessly. Y/n winced at the sickening sound of the skull getting crushed. Tanjiro's eyes widened in horror as he dropped his katana. Even Yushiro looked terrified. Nezuko was blissfully watching, not understanding, bless her soul. Soon, the demons body was completely destroyed, and it was safe to look. Yushiro noticed that the boys didn't have anything to cover their nose and mouth, so he made a huge fuss about it and forced a cloth in their face. Tamayo sadly walked up to the... well, not technically a body, but close enough, right? She observed the eyeball, and noticed that it didn't have a number on it.

"They weren't the 12 Kizuki..." She uttered. "How cruel of Muzan to deceive his own like that..."

"What?! That much power and they were just some regular old demons?!" Y/n thought in shock. Tanjiro barely managed to stand and drag his feet to the demon as Tamayo and Yushiro made their way into the home with Nezuko. Y/n tried to haul himself up using his arm, but he groaned and fell back again. The dark haired boy noticed his partners struggles and made his way over, gently helping him up. The two slowly trudged over to the demon. 

"...ma...ri..." a soft voice spoke. "te....ma....ri...play...with...me..."

Tanjiro gently pushed over the Temari ball and quietly bounced it until the voice stopped. When he looked over at Y/n, even he looked upset. 

"Come, lets go indoors" Tanjiro softly urged and the two boys helped each other in. 

After a couple of minutes of the boys collecting themselves, Y/n's arm was bandaged up and their sore muscles were relaxed once more.

"We will leave this place" Lady Tamayo declared. "This place is too close to Muzan. If we dont hide, we will be in danger. Even if we hide ourselves, as doctors we will come in contact with others. The senses of children and seniors are particularly strong. So, Tanjiro, I ask you... Are you willing to leave Nezuko here with us?" Yushiro panicked and Tanjiro looked confused. "Even though we cant ensure her safety, its safer the the battle field"