XI

"What are you doing?!" Inosuke barked and pointed at Tanjiro.  

"Burying the dead, of course" he replied calmly. "You should help, Inosuke, a bunch of people were killed in the house. 

"It's pointless!" the black haired boy screamed. Y/n looked horrified. "It's pointless to bury the remains of living organisms! Why would anyone do that! I'm not helping you! Fight me!" 

"Is... he serious...?" Y/n scoffed to himself, slipping his haori off and handing it to Tanjiro. He comically rolled up his sleeves as if he were a cartoon character about to beat the crap out of someone. 

"Um... Y/n...? Why did you take your haori off?" the red haired boy asked carefully, almost scared to hear the answer. 

"To not get dusty!" Y/n growled and moved to Inosuke, pulling his fist back, about to land a powerful punch on his current enemy. 

"Wait nO-" Tanjiro stopped him and grabbed him from under his arms, stopping him from going feral at Inosuke. "I don't think that's what he meant. It's because your wounds still hurt, ne? That's why you can't help?"

"Hah?!" Inosuke growled. 

"It's okay! Everyone has different levels of pain tolerance!" Tanjiro continued, completely oblivious to how indescribably wrong he was. "Burying people is a really tiring job. We are all very capable. You should rest!"

"HAAH?! DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME! I'LL BURY 100, NO, 200 PEOPLE!" Inosuke screamed at the top of his lungs and started running around like a barbarian, digging holes like a mole. Y/n looked at Tanjiro in surprise, not sure whether getting him that riled up was the intention. Either way it worked, so he wasn't one to complain. 

The burial soon came to an end. Once the large group of kids sent their prayers and payed their respects, it was time for them to part ways. Zenitsu was sobbing and clinging onto Shoichi, claiming that he was strong and that he protected him. Of course, Y/n knew otherwise, but he decided not to say anything in fear of bursting his bubble. 

"He doesn't want to!" Tanjiro finally stood up to him and knocked him out. Mordecai quickly caught his brother and secured him on his back to make sure he doesn't fall. He watched in disgust as the crow spat out a small incense bag towards the three siblings. 

"Thank you so much for your help. We'll be able to go home on our own" The three siblings slowly made their way down the road.

"Caww! Follow me!" The crow yelled and started flying. 

As the 5 kids walked, Inosuke told them a little bit about himself. 

"Oh, so you grew up in the mountains?" Tanjiro asked after a couple of minuted of Inosuke talking. "So did Y/n and I"

"Don't think of me as someone you can relate to" boar head sneered.  "I have no parents or siblings. Matching my strength against others is my only hobby!"

"Ah... I see..."

"I will defeat you and catch you off guard!" Inosuke yelled again and cackled. 

"I am Tanjiro Kamado!" Tanjiro introduced himself. 

"Gonbchiro Kamaboku! I will defeat you!"

"Who the hell are you talking to?!"

"You!"

"You got the name wrong!"

"Will you two sTOP YOUR INCESSANT BICKERING!" Y/n barked, massaging his temples. His demand immediately stopped the squabbling, giving the boy his peace. 

The group slowly approached a house with a small wisteria emblem on the wooden gate. While Tanjiro talked to his crow about what their next step is, Mordecai and Y/n slowly approached the gate. The brunette reached his hand out and knocked on the door, wondering what would happen. A small, little old lady slowly made her way out, bowing lowly.