Chapter 36

What are your thoughts on Ezra? Well to bad you'll be seeing more of him.

Also this chapter might be upsetting for some people

The Day Kyle Got Out Of The Hospital, Stan's POV

I sighed as I drove two Pete's place. Kyle weirded me out by telling me I needed to get Pete. It pretty much confused me. I also felt a little uncomfortable sitting in my truck after what happened... Nothing strange happened since then.

I try to relax as I drived to Pete's. Something seemed unsettling, but I don't know what...  I pulled up to the address to see a beat up RV.

Right when I got out and closed my truck door I knew why things felt unsettling. I heard yelling. It sounded like two people fighting. One of which sounded like they were slurring their words.

"You fucking son of a bitch!" I heard a man slur his words before glass shattering. I got closer to the RV and heard crying. "You should have died instead of he-"

"SHUT UP D-" I heard a thud and then some sobs.

"Pete...? Oh my God! Pete I'm sorry I-" I heard enough and forced myself into the RV. Once I got on I saw Pete on the ground and a man kneeling over him.

I felt a lot of emotions wash over me, but the main one being anger. Glass shards were all over the floor with some type of fluid. I knew for a fact it was beer. The man who was kneeling over Pete looked at me, he was clearly drunk. "Who the fuck are you?!"

I ignored him and good thing he was drunk because when I pushed him out of the way he instantly stumbled back. Pete was blinking back tears and stared at me. There was a mark on his cheek which I could tell would be a bruise later on. "S-stan?"

I helped him up and against the man's wishes I walked Pete out of there. "What the hell you doin'?!"

I ignored him and helped Pete into my truck. After I did I walked back into the RV, and shut the door. The man stared at me. "What the living hell did you do to him?" I asked. Just I was terrified of this guy at the moment, but I need to stand up for Pete.

"He deserved i-" I slapped the man across the face. "What the hell?!"

"Don't ever fucking touch him again or I swear to God I will murder you myself!" I yelled at him before leaving. Right when I walked out the door a beer bottle crashed against the wall.

I rushed to my truck and started driving away. We sat in silence and I started driving out of town. Pete looked a little panicked. "S-stan where are w-we going?"

"Pete just..." I take a deep breath. "Just enjoy the ride." He stared at me nervously before nodding. I kept driving as we sat in silence. Pete moved a little bit trying to get comfortable. "You okay?"

"Fucking fantastic." He said sarcastically before sighing. "Sorry Stan."

"What for?" I asked glancing at him.

"For being rude to you right now, and seeing me like that..." He looked out the window.

"Pete.... Be honest with me." He nodded. "All those times you showed up to school with either cuts or bruises on your face was it because your dad and Michael both have been abusing you?"

Pete stayed silent for a moment. He then nodded again. "My sorry excuse for a father has been doing this for a while..." He trailed off.

"I don't want you to go back there." I told him.

"Why are you so worried about me?" He asked me.

"Because I'm your-" I stop myself and shift in my seat. "I'm your friend." What's wrong with me?