Chapter 44

A/n: I'm planning on having a prom chapter. And even though I'm having a break I decided to at least keep this story going. My other books are what causing me the writing stress.

Warning: Mentions of suicide.

"Ah turn that off!" Stan hid his face into someone's shoulder. "I fucking hate you Kyle." He grumbled.

"Nah you love me!" I replied while laughing as I saw he was hiding his scared face in the shoulder of a blushing Pete. "Stan are you really that scared of a simple horror movie?"

"N-no!" Stan hissed. We continued to watch the third movie that night. Every now and then you could hear Stan screaming like a little girl. Recently every little thing has been scaring him. He's been pretty jumpy. I'm a little concerned.

Travis leaned against the wall from where he was sitting and Ezra was fixated on the TV. Cartman was next to me, and at different times his hand brushed against my own. Craig and Kenny were cuddled up together. I'm happy they got a happy ending.

"What's this?" I looked at Travis who was holding a dusty board game box as the movie went off. The box said 'Cauldrons and Swords.'

"Oh dad and I found that while we were cleaning this space out. Why?" I asked him confused and the others looked at the box as well.

"Just never heard of this game." Travis opened the box to see a few pieces of dice, figurines, paper, pencils, maps, and a piece of cardboard. Under all of it was a game manual. "Do you guys want to play?"

"I dunno." I mumbled.

"Come on Kyle. It's just a stupid game." Kenny smiled. "Kinda reminds me of the things we did as a kid." He took the box, and took everything out of it. He read the words on the box out loud. "Cauldrons and Swords. A game for the ones finding the way."

"The way? The way to what?" Stan asked as he looked at the box, and Kenny shrugged. Stan picked up one of the figurines. It was a knight.

Kenny and Travis sets everything up. We sat in a circle. Travis was looking at the manual, and started reading it. "Cauldrons and Swords... Welcome young travelers to Spouthark. Choose your roll." Travis looked at us, and started to call of those roles we could play. "I suppose I could be the GM."

"The what?" Cartman asked really confused.

"The GM is also known as the Game Master. Unless you play Dungeons and dragons then it's a DM aka the Dungeon Master." Ezra replied and we all looked at him. "What? A few guys on campus watch Stranger Things and they won't stop talking about Dungeons and Dragons."

Everyone chose a role. Cartman the wizard, Stan the knight, Craig the thief, Kenny the archer (thought he would choose the princess to be honest), Pete the cleric, and Ezra the necromancer.

"Okay... Um let me see..." Travis looks at the manual again. "Our six warriors find themselves in a pub with a barbarian. What do you do?" He hands the die to Craig.

"Uh pickpocket him." Craig rolled the die.

Travis looked at it and and frowned. "You were sadly unsuccessful, and the barbarian caught you red handed. It resulted with everyone losing 20 HP."

"Shit."

"Thanks Craig." Pete huffed. A few hours later and a short game turned into a full on war. "Please be twenty! Please be twenty!" Pete pleaded as he opened his eyes.

"It's a twenty! The attack was successful, and the savin retreats into the swamp!" Travis stated and Pete smiled widely. For some reason it got addictive really quickly. "While you warriors watch the savin retreat into the swamp you find this symbol on a pendant."