1: Tyler Hopper

- Dear citizens of the European Metropolis, it is my duty as your president, to disseminate truthful information about the most recent rumors that have been circulating the last weeks ... - That man dressed in suit and with emblems on his lapel, named Aron Novak , returns the view to the stand that had of front, analyzing for the last time the pages in which he had written his speech. - According to multiple alarming calls to public safety from many citizens of the Metropolis, it is believed that there is a group of wandering hybrids roaming the Southern Neutral Zone, the rumors warn that they may be... - His voice was interspersed for a few moments, takes a good breath of air and clears his throat- ... it is believed... that they can be Vortex.-

The barely audible murmurs are subtly noted upon hearing the dreaded word. "Vortex" is just another name for hybrids that are not exactly... friendly with humans; dangerous, aggressive, with terrible management of anger and an insatiable thirst for killing, especially if it is their favorite prey: humans.

Seeing the clear disenchantment of his audience, President Novak again takes the control of the microphone that lay before him, the same one who has witnessed his messages of support and solidarity towards the citizens of the European Metropolis when it was in its worst and darkest days, which have been popularly called (and not for nothing) "Vortex Accident". Nobody expected it, without any warning the hybrids began to reveal themselves against their creators, the humans, rejecting all their fury and discontent towards us in the most horrible ways that anyone can imagine. They attacked houses, hospitals, businesses, schools, murdering in cold blood anyone who was in the street, young people on their way to school, women ... children ... they did not even show mercy towards them. Many say that the Vortex had reasons to carry out their massacre, that the human being used them as if they were animals ... as if they were things, and it was more than obvious that any day they would choose to become independent at once, without caring much about the true price of freedom. Novak looks up, and tries to calm his compatriots a little.

-Yes brothers and sisters, I know that that particular word brings back terrible memories, but as your president, the man responsible for securing our future as a free nation, I can assure you that I will get to the origin of all this, and I will not rest until see that these hybrids have received their just punishment according to the laws dictated in the agreements of Cilt ... We will not suffer the consequences of a second Vortex Accident, that is a promise. - His words receive a great ovation from journalists and other general public that was around the presidential stand, while it is appreciated how his personal security body escorts him to one of the side entrances.

Tall, with a slender build, platinum blonde hair, green eyes, and without many marks that reveal his age, Aron Novak can easily be the most attractive president of the E.M. since its inception as an independent nation, but has also been the one that has shown its true courage to have to drag a country in ruin, hungry, and hurt by the revolution of hybrids, who left the national fund in the bones, mainly due to the withdrawal of foreign companies faced with the threat of Vortex. A person worthy of admiration for many... but for me, it's just someone else who has judged the unfortunate family name.

The projector in the classroom in which we saw the presidential message shows as the last image the shield of the European Metropolis, which, although it has extreme resemblance to the emblem of the European Union (now extinct) is still attractive to the eye. The lights come on suddenly, my classmates and I cannot avoid giving a stern look to the teacher who had just pulled us out of our trance. I turn around and barely notice that we are less than half of the class, the rest must have left the classroom, because presidential messages are not mandatory to see, but they give you a miserable score at the end of the semester on your lowest note. I stare at the wall infront of me, still a little blind at the sudden change of light, while my arm felt slightly numb to rest my face on it.