9: Hints

The singing of the birds were not audible in this underground place, but I was almost sure that it had already dawned a few hours ago, my body had a habit of getting up early even on my days off, and this was no exception . The room was still as dark as when Iker and I fell asleep.

His absence was the first thing I realized when I woke up, Iker was nowhere in the room, and most likely it would not be long before he returned. I get out of the sleeping bag and stood up from the floor a little sore, because I was not used to sleeping on the floor even though it was covered with carpet, it was still too hard a surface for me. While rubbing one of my shoulders I slightly open the door to check if it was really dawn, and indeed, the entrance to the cave was completely illuminated by daylight.

I shut the door of the room back being somewhat stunned by the light outside, so much so that I had not noticed a wrapper that was on the side of the place where I had slept. The package was somewhat sloppily wrapped in cloth, and when I opened it I could see that it was new clothes, or so it seemed. A gray plaid long-sleeved shirt accompanied by a pair of jeans. It wasn't the type of clothing I was used to, but that was better than the pajamas I've been wearing two days in a row for lack of luggage. For a moment I doubted that the clothes were my size, but I was surprised to see that it fit well, a little baggy, but it was not too much of a problem. Next to the clothes there were also some work boots, they looked a bit worn and dirty, but that would be the least important since it was a shoe that would serve me better for the type of terrain in Cilt.

I wonder if Iker was the one who chose the clothes for me, because if so then he knows quite well what a human like me would need to be comfortable in this place. It wouldn't surprise me, the leaders had to choose him to be my instructor for some reason besides being the only hybrid with whom I have had a little more interaction in all Cilt, and at the same time the only one with whom I have established a fairly solid friendship. . He may have already had experience with other humans.

The room was deceptively spacious, I set about exploring it while waiting for Iker's return. Behind a large curtain that was mistaken for a wall, there was a somewhat peculiar bathroom, the shower area was outrageously large, and there was a separate toilet in another small closed room along with its sink and mirror. Everything was perfectly adapted for a hybrid and a human to settle comfortably in the small, but functional space.

While I was dedicating to straighten my hair and clean my face from the dirt that had adhered to my skin, I heard the automatic bolt on the door. Iker entered the room in silence trying to make as little noise as possible, but seeing that I was no longer asleep. He turns around somewhat confused, looking for me.

- Hey, good morning Iker- I greet him, just poking my head out of the bathroom, which makes Iker sigh with tranquility when he saw that I had not left the room or something similar.

- Jeez Tyler, for a moment I thought you had escaped, it is good to see that you are already awake.- He smiles at me while he saw me. -... your clothes suits you really well, thank goodness that it was your size, lately there is a shortage of several things around Cilt, Metropolis supply trucks are getting less and less frequent... I wonder what's going on.-

- I had the feeling that it was you who chose it, thanks for that Iker.-

"No problem ... I couldn't bear the smell of those horrible pajamas anyway," Iker says sarcastically as he waited for me at the door.

We finally leave the room and the light from outside is incredibly blinding, it takes me a few minutes to get my eyes used to the daylight again, but once I do I notice a calm and humid atmosphere, the rainy season was ahead of this year, giving us a cool atmosphere before the hot summer started, even if it was only two insignificant weeks of heat. The sky was overcast and cold air blew through the trees, making me mentally thank Iker for giving me a long-sleeved shirt for today.