Tyrell

TYRELL

I felt the car come to a stop in front of my porch. I glanced at my watch and I immediately wished I didn't. It was past 11pm.

Who knew a conference would take more like 2 hours? Well, it did start by 8:30 and like forty minutes out of the 2 hours was spent waiting for the CEO to get there. Beside, it was just a brand change, should it have taken that long? I thought it was just going to be paper work.

Today was like the least productive day ever. I had planned to buy a fashion line from Mr Dubois, his most priced fashion line, changing the brand name to Chanelle. That was supposed to be my gift to her, but I failed. It all failed. Dubois declined my proposal. I wasted an extra hour for nothing. It's not like I was planning to buy his whole company, I just wanted one fashion line.

Well, I had bigger problems ahead of me. As I got to the front door, I contemplated for some seconds if to go in or not. I did get here as fast as I could, but I wasn't as eager to open up this door as I was to get back home.

I finally opened the door after several seconds. Brace yourselves for the hell about to be unleashed on my head. I walked into the living room knowing I had a lot of explaining to do.

I saw her there, sleeping on the sofa. I did know I had to take her upstairs, I couldn't possibly leave her down here.. but at the same time, she'd come awake, if not when I get too close, she'll definitely wake up when she's in my arms.

I didn't think any further, she never argued when she was sleepy anyways. I got close enough and she didn't come awake. She must have been asleep for a while. I took her up in my arms, trying not to wake her.. yet again today, I failed.

She didn't say anything, nor did she fight me off. Her eyes closed as soon as they came open. She must be really tired.

I got to our room eventually. I entered, closing the door behind me. I put her down on the bed and headed straight to the bathroom for a quick bath. A part of me really wanted Chanelle and I to talk this problem out this night, but she didn't even look like she would've said anything to me even if she wasn't sleepy.

***
Thursday morning, Thanksgiving day. The sound of the bathroom door clicking made my eyes come open. Chanelle wasn't next to me, that was definitely why I heard the door click.. She went into the closet. Now I was convinced she really didn't want to talk to me. She never woke up before I did, so this was a little surprising. I checked the time and it was almost 7am, I really need to stop sleeping too long. I went right in to quickly take a shower.

My morning showers usually took longer than five minutes, but this one was as short as that. I dried myself with a towel and headed straight to the closet. Thank God Chanelle was still in there. I was putting my pants on when I said.. "Good morning." That sounded quite casual, like a normal morning wish. I had to start up the conversation because she didn't seem like she was going to.

"Good morning." She didn't even look at me. She walked right out of the closet. She looked completely dressed for work, so I know she was heading for the door.

I couldn't let her leave like that, so I walked right after her, not even putting a shirt on. "Chanelle please wait." I held her back. "I know you're mad at me and you have the right to be." I could take her yelling at me, but just not saying anything like this kills me. She was pretty much done with me at this point.

"Why would I be mad at you? did you 'forget' something?" Chanelle please don't make this harder than it already is.

"I was all caught up in a bunch of stuff and I know that's not an excuse, but-"

"Are you not late for work?" She cut me off. That sounded cold coming from her, not loud, just cold. Very cold.

I exhaled. I know I screwed up, just like she thought I would. "Look Elle.." I watched her drop her bag on the table closest to the door, maybe that was a sign she actually wanted to let me explain. "I'm sorry I missed it," was the first thing I said. I really was and I guess a part of me knew I was going to be late, but I just hoped for a miracle.

She rolled her eyes, this time in annoyance. "How old are we? I'm not mad you missed my party, what am I? 5? I'm mad because you're never there anymore."

I really don't think she gets I have no choice. "That's not my fault, I don't have time." I really didn't and she needs to understand it. "I'm working for the both of us here."

"I should probably quit my job and join real housewives of LA, since my husband is so rich." The fuck she meant by that? "You don't have to work for the both of us. I have a job too." Oh my lord. We're we really having this fight right now?