Chanelle

CHANELLE.

I was down in the basement with Ginger and I kind of felt like I was in some sci-fi movie or something. She has a lot of inventions and it was so cool. "Why are we down here?" I had to ask, coz I've never been down here and she didn't tell me why.. she just had me follow her.

She had this smile on her face that I couldn't quite read.. "I made you something, yesterday was your birthday wasn't it?" Oh yeah.

I watched her pull off a black jacket from a mannequin. She sews too? "You made me jacket? That's sweet." I really returned the smile.

She rolled her eyes. "It's not just any jacket. It's waterproof." Aren't all leather jacket waterproof. "It's fireproof too and bulletproof.." oh okay, that must be super expensive in markets.

"Thank you so much." She honestly didn't have to, that was too much.

"Wanna test it?" She had this mischievous smile on her face.

"Uhm okay." I wasn't really sure what to say. I watched her pull out a gun from the drawer close by. The fuck is she thinking right now? "Uhm Ginger, I don't think that's a very good idea."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine, we'll test it on the mannequin." Wait, was she really going to try that on me?

"But won't they be startled when they hear the gunshot?" Gunshots are loud for all I know.

She laughed a bit. "Soundproof door." Oh.. why did I bother asking?

She pulled out another jacket quite similar to the one she gave me then put it on a mannequin and handed the gun to me, I refused to take the gun.. between the two of us, guns aren't really my favorite things. "Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen. I've never had a mishap." Well there's a first time for everything. "Besides it's not like the bullet is going to bounce back and hit us." She mocked.

"Fine." I took the gun from her.

She smiled. "That's it.. now aim for the chest." I did as I was told and pulled the trigger  and missed.. I shot the stomach instead. "You have terrible aim." No kidding.. "Well at least we're sure it's bulletproof." Kay, that's great, now let's get out of here before you bring up some other scary thing to try.

"Thank you for the jacket." I smiled at her and she was quick to return it.

I got a text from Tyrell telling me that we'll be leaving soon and I just couldn't help but roll my eyes and Ginger was quick to notice the change in my facial expression. "My brother must bore the living fuck out of you." I didn't really have anything to say to that. I just laughed it off. "Do you think I should work at the company?" That came as a surprise..

"Do you want to?" Was the only logical thing to say, I can't possibly be selfish by saying yes.

"Honestly, I don't know. Everyone wants me to, but I'm not sure if that's what I want to be doing for the rest of my life."

She seemed serious about this, so I had to tell her what I'd tell Kandace in a moment like this and I wasn't going to be dramatic by telling her to follow her heart, if she knew what it was saying she probably wouldn't be asking. "Do you wanna stay in this basement for the rest of your life?" I couldn't start off so serious. I had to ease up the moment first.

She laughed. "This is all I know how to do." She gestured with her hand around the basement-turned-lab.

She'd be great in the company though.. she could make fireproof and bulletproof buildings for all I knew. "If you're so unsure, you can give it a try, if you don't like it, you quit.. it's not forceful is it?" I asked rhetorically.

"Perhaps," I heard her mumble. The seriousness is her face faded slowly and I watched her lips form a smile. "It's probably late, let's get out of here."

We walked up the stairs and went into the living room where they all sat, talking. It was getting really late.. Tyrell and I had to get going, so we said our goodbyes and left.

15 minutes into the ride back home.. we weren't even saying anything. I was on my phone, texting when I heard Tyrell sigh and I just knew he wanted me to notice it. "You got something you wanna say to me?"

"No."

"Good." I turned back to my phone not wanting to say anything. I didn't know why but for some reason we began to slow down, the fuck is he doing? He pulled up by the side of the road. The road was clearly not busy because there were no cars on it for the time being except ours.

What's happening??
What's Tyrell thinking right now?