| Imagine #8 | Jean Pierre Polnareff

Title: "Restaurant"

Pairing: Polnareff x reader

Word Count: 854

~

You're sitting in the restaurant, alone for once.

During the journey to Cairo, you haven't gotten a lot of alone time, something that you're in desperate need of.

It's not that you hate being around Mr. Joestar, Avdol, Kakyoin, Polnareff and Jotaro, in fact you love the little group you've become good friends with. It's just that occasionally they get on your nerves.

But it's mainly Polnareff who irks you to no end.

He's a helpless flirt, teasing you whenever he can and calling you cute pet names whenever he gets the chance. No one else in the group does that, except for the rare 'sweetheart' from Mr. Joestar.

You're not the only one who is irritated by Polnareff's constant pining. Jotaro, when he reaches his limit, yells at the Frenchman to shut up so that you don't have to.

It's not like you don't like the white haired male, in fact, you think he's rather handsome. When he isn't looking, you often sneakily stare at him because he truly is gorgeous.

Unfortunately, this hasn't gone unnoticed by the others. Namely, Avdol and Joseph. And, they've decided to do something about your obvious crush.

|||||

Polnareff sighs, staring out the window of his hotel room which he shares with Avdol. He can't stop thinking about you. Every chance he gets, he compliments you, gives you gifts and does whatever you ask, and yet you still treat him no different than the others.

Maybe it's because he was under Dio's control and tried to kill all of you? Maybe you haven't forgiven him yet.

Disheartened, he doesn't hear Avdol at first, until he is prodded roughly.

"Polnareff."

"Hm?" He asks, turning. "What is it?"

"You should eat something," Avdol tells him.

He shakes his head, "I'm not hungry."

"You're always hungry."

"Well, not right now!"

A pause of silence.

"Sorry, Avdol. I didn't mean to snap. I'm just frustrated."

"I understand, but an empty stomach doesn't help matters," Avdol insists.

Polnareff stands and exhales slowly before walking to the door, "I'm gonna go to the restaurant, then. You coming?"

He shakes his head, "I've already eaten."

"Suit yourself," the Frenchman quips before heading to the hotel restaurant, not knowing who he's about to run into.

|||||

You think over your predicament. An unbelievably hot man flirts with you constantly and yet you treat him as you would anyone else.

If you were half as bold, you would flirt back. But you're not bold, in fact, you're shy. Scared to express your feelings, you choose to ignore them.

It hasn't gotten you anywhere though.

Heaving a sigh, you sip your water while you await your food. The restaurant is practically empty because of the late hour, resulting in a peaceful getaway.

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot him.

Polnareff, adorned one his usual getup, walks without the usual skip in his step. He doesn't notice you, but you take notice of his dismal attitude and feel guilty.

Deciding to do something, you invite him over, "Hey, Polnareff, over here!"

His gaze snaps to you, shocked that you actually acknowledged him during your alone time. He points to himself, asking silently if you have the right guy.

You chuckle and nod, motioning for him to come over. He grins and sits before you at the table for two.

"How are you this fine evening, amoureux?"

Smiling back, you shrug, "I'm a bit tired. All this traveling and fighting is getting on my nerves. What about you?"

"Ah, I'm fine, thanks for your concern," he leans back. "I'm just a bit troubled."

"Oh?" You ask, even though you think you know what he's talking about.

He nods.

You patiently wait for him to elaborate.

"I, well, I really like you, Y/n, and I wish you'd give us a try. I get that you're sick of my flirting, but it's not just flirting. It's more than that," he confesses.

Your eyes widen.

"If you say no, then I'll forget about it, but please just think about it, okay, la cherie?"

His eyes are pleading, hopeful.

The moment has come for you to make a decision. To finally let go of your fear and to embrace your love of the Frenchman.

But shock leaves you speechless as he walks away.

|||||

The next morning comes with overcast skies as everyone packs the car. Everyone except you.

You spent all night thinking about Polnareff, thinking about how to tell him your answer, and now you're ready to execute your plan.

Jotaro smokes moodily as the others wait patiently for you to arrive.

You walk out of the hotel, bag in hand and walk to the vehicle. The bag drops with a thump as you latch onto Polnareff's tight shirt and yank him downwards.

Your lips crash carelessly and passionately against his, catching him off guard. He wastes no time in kissing back, wrapping his arms around you.

Breaking off, you grin widely at his shocked and ecstatic face, "That's my answer, Polly. We're dating now."

He cheers and spins you around, to the bemusement of Avdol and Joseph.

"About time."