| Imagine #14 | Kars

Title: "Cat and Mouse"

Pairing: Kars x (weak) (hamon user) reader

A/n: inspired by the above post.

Do you prefer longer or shorter imagines? Personally, I like to have a variety, but I'm curious what you think.

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 802

~

~

"You're our last hope," Joseph presses the stone in your hands firmly, with the remainder of his strength.

Vision blurred drastically by tears, you watch helplessly as Joseph takes his last breath before the light fades from his eyes.

You're all alone now.

Caesar, Lisa Lisa, Joseph... they're all dead. They died defending the Red Stone of Aja from the Pillar Men, defeating two in the process.

The only adversary left is the strongest Pillar Man: Kars.

And the only defender left is the weakest Hamon user: you.

Trying to get your breathing under control, you glance around wildly before sprinting off into the night. Kars is around here somewhere, searching relentlessly for the stone and you do not want him to find it.

So, you run.

Legs pumping, lungs burning, heart aching, you sprint.

Losing all your close friends in the span of two days has taken a toll on your soul, looming defeat and terror clouding your thoughts.

You can't let him find the stone.

If you fail, then the others died in vain.

You'll protect the treasure or die trying.

At the moment, the best course of action is to flee and hope that he can't find you.

Your hopes are crushed as you barrel straight into a tall figure cloaked in shadow.

You stutter an apology before trying to dash off. His hand grasps your wrist firmly, foiling your escape.

Fear pulsing through your veins, you stare wide-eyed at the menacing male. His aura screams power, and you cannot help the tears from falling down your face.

This is the man that killed Lisa Lisa and Joseph. And now he's going to kill you.

"Hamon Overdrive!" You yell, sending a burst of Hamon to your wrist.

He is hardly affected but he does release you, watching with great amusement.

He chuckles, "Give me the Red Stone of Aja and you will not meet the same fate as your friends."

Trembling, you shake your head, preparing to fight.

"I can't let them die in vain," you state, although your voice betrays your intense emotions.

With determination, you try to implement the Joestar secret technique and sprint down an alleyway.

Smirking, Kars observes your flight. He knows he could kill you swiftly and get it over with, but he is taking his time.

You pant, stumbling as you lose energy. Cursing, you come to a realization.

Destroy the stone.

Kars cannot become the ultimate being if there is no stone!

You stop your legs and fumble in your pocket, pulling out the jewel with a mad grin. This'll work!

Before you can smash it against the brick wall, a gigantic hand covers your own.

He caught you.

"No!" You scream in desperation, tugging violently at your hand. You can't lose.

"It's over. You have lost," he sneers down at you as you try to wiggle free.

Using your Hamon, you attempt to burn him off. It doesn't work. Utter despair throttles you, as tears burn your eyes.

"Shh," he pries your hand open, removing the jewel, "It's alright. You've done well. I admire your spirit."

You collapse to your knees, ashamed that you failed. Even so, determination swells in you as your hand wraps around the knife strapped to your leg. Clutching it, you jolt upright, aiming for his heart.

Your blow never lands, your weapon destroyed by Kars' bone blades.

"That's enough now. Accept your defeat. It was cruel of them to rely on you. You're clearly unaccustomed to battle," he observes your broken state with an uncharacteristic amount of pity.

He feels sorry for you.

Reaching down, he takes ahold of your arms, making you stand. You brace yourself for imminent death. Tears dribble from your sore eyes.

"Relax. You should be proud."

You let out a choked laugh, "Proud? I failed my teachers and I've failed my friends."

"You've lasted longer than most would."

"You were going easy on me! Don't think I didn't realize. You could've killed me when I first ran into you."

Now that you think of it, Kars was messing with you the whole time.

"Why haven't you killed me yet?"

He looks you over before wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you into his chest.

Squeaking in surprise, you can't help but feel his abs as he holds you close. His broad hands run over your hair, "I think I'll keep you. You are such a cute little mouse."

Flushed, you try to push away from him but he's too strong. Defeated, you whimper and let your emotions consume you.

He picks you up without a problem, carrying you bridal style as you bury your head into his chest. His hair blows in the gentle wind as he walks back to his home, having found two treasures to cherish.