| Imagine #24 | La Squadra

Title: "Baking"

Pairing: not specified

Type: fluff

A/n - thanks so much for 4K reads!!!

Word Count: 827

~

For once, it would be nice to have a relaxing evening in the home you share with your squad, the Hitman (plus woman) Team. Granted, considering the varying personalities and the rough line of work they occupy, this is next to impossible.

Presently, there are no other members around. It's just you all alone in the large house and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Music plays softly throughout the building, a playlist of all your favorite songs as you crack a few eggs before whisking them.

After that, you add milk and butter, stirring again. Pouring the liquid into a bowl of flour and other ingredients, you mix it all just right before stepping back in satisfaction.

Waffle iron already hot, you transfer some batter onto the surface.

Soon enough, the whole place smells like heaven as your plate of steaming waffles rises into a delicious tower.

You don't normally cook or bake, only doing so when you have alone time such as now. It might be because of the guys' teasing and the fact that you feel embarrassed.

You shouldn't be embarrassed, but they're always pointing out the fact that you're a woman and that makes you feel like you have to work harder to fit in.

Although they only ever tease jokingly, sometimes their words cut deep.

But, damn, do you love homemade waffles.

Inspired, you decide to whip up a few more treats, including cinnamon buns, cookies, and a cake. The boys won't be back from their mission for a long time, anyways.

Done with the waffles, you eat one before getting back to work. After everything is placed in the oven, which took a long time, you do the dishes whilst singing along to your now loud music.

Unceremoniously shoving half a syrupy waffle into your mouth, you spin around in time to the melody, almost having a heart attack as you come face to face with the other members of La Squadra.

Frozen, your waffle hangs halfway out of your mouth as the men seem just as stunned.

Quickly, you regain composure, schooling your features into a neutral expression before turning off your tunes.

"I didn't think you'd be back yet," you comment, wiping your face clean before putting away the last of the dishes.

"The job was easier than expected," Risotto explains, crossing his arms.

"More importantly," Formaggio interrupts, "Are you baking?"

Melone wastes no time in snatching a freshly baked cookie, "Di molto!"

Glaring, you slap his hand, stealing back the treat. He gasps, holding his hand to his chest with a sly smile, "Ooh, I like it when you do that~"

"Keep it in your pants, Melone," Ghiaccio growls.

Pesci approaches slowly, "Can I have a cookie, Y/n?"

You raise your eyebrow.

"Please?" He amends.

You sigh, "Fine. You can all have a cookie."

He cheers, and takes one, munching happily. The rest decide to also take one, offering thanks.

"I didn't know you liked baking," Prosciutto says.

You shake your head, feeling self-conscious, "Pfft, what? I don't - baking? What's that?"

"No need to be embarrassed," Risotto states in his deep voice.

"Yes, this is wonderful in fact!" Melone is quick to exclaim, "You're so-"

You cut him off, "Melone, if you say anything remotely disgusting or insulting, I will throttle you."

"Kinky~"

"No," you snarl firmly.

Thankfully he shuts up.

"I do like baking," you admit. "I find it relaxing."

"Why were you hiding this from us?"

"Because you'll make fun of me," you sigh, coming clean. "Whenever I do anything remotely stereotypical of a girl, I never hear the end of it!"

Ghiaccio speaks up, clearly angered, "WHAT?! That's not true! We never belittle you for your femininity! That doesn't make any sense-!"

"Don't tell me I'm wrong, you son of a motherless goat!"

His eye twitches.

Whenever you're mad at him, you call him nonsensical names to egg him on. It always works, making him fly into a rant.

"'Motherless goat'? A goat can't not have a mother, it's not possible! Why the hell would you call me that?!!!" He practically screams in frustration, looking ready to kill someone.

"We really do that?" Illuso questions.

You shrug, "Yeah."

"We don't mean anything by it," Prosciutto says, almost looking offended.

"Yeah, Y/n, you're amazing," Melone adds.

"You're a vital part of the team," Risotto concludes.

You chuckle, "I know that. You'd be lost without me."

They smile.

"Back to the matter at hand, your baking skills are sorprendente!"

"I'm glad you like it," you smirk, "But the rest is for me."

"What?!" Ghiaccio questions, another cookie already in his hand. "But I want a cinnamon bun!"

"You'll have to get on my good side of you want another snack."

"The only snack I want is you," Melone winks flirtatiously.

You roll your eyes, "That was lame."

"It really was," Formaggio chuckles.

"Anyway, I also made a cake, so who wants a slice?"