| Request #8 | Robert E. O. Speedwagon

Requested By: @bi_OwO

Title: "Date-night"

Pairing: Speedwagon x reader

Type: fluff

A/n: I hope I did good. It's my first time writing Speedwagon... Anyways, enjoy!

Word Count: 603

~

"Sweetheart, where are you?" 

The loving voice of your darling calls out, distracting you from your knitting. You hadn't expected him to be back already.

"In the kitchen," you answer, setting aside your work to leap up and run to him. "I'm so glad you're home!" 

He laughs, lifting you into a spin, "I wanted ta surprise you! We're going out!"

"Out?" You echo. "Where?"

Gently, Speedwagon presses his finger against your lips, "It's a secret."

You playfully glare at him, but your pout returns to a grin within seconds. 

Wrapping your arms around his waist, or at least trying to, you snuggle into his warm embrace. He retaliates by placing his head atop yours and enclosing you in his arms. 

"With Jonathan and Erina safely away on their honeymoon, I have so much more time to spend with you," he smiles against your hair.

You tilt so that your forehead presses against his, "They're a cute couple."

"Not as cute as us," he says in a singsong voice, making you giggle.

He straightens his posture and takes your arm, guiding you. 

"Where are we going?"

"I can't tell you. You just have ta wait an' see."

You huff with fake annoyance. Inside, you're squealing for joy. 

It's true that Speedwagon often doesn't have too much time for you, even before he met the Joestars, but he's always made up for it during the rare time you spend together.

You're excited to see what he has planned.

|||||

A coach takes you to the burned down Joestar mansion. 

You raise your eyebrows questioningly.

"That's not our final destination, darling," he assures. "I found a beautiful spot not too far from here that I wanted to show you."

"Alright," you smirk, "Race you there!"

As you sprint off, you stealthily snatch the hat from his head, letting his gorgeous blond hair rustle in the wind. Laughing like a maniac, you race in the direction you think is correct. 

Robert is not far from you, grinning as he easily overtakes you. He reaches for his hat, but you yank it away, "Nuh-uh, buddy!"

Playfulness shines through his vibrant eyes as he runs directly before you, turns, and comes to a sudden stop.

You ram into his solidly built chest, looking up at him with a fearful grin. 

He reaches behind your back and tenderly takes his hat from your grasp, staring into your twinkling eyes all the while. 

"We're almost there," he informs you, taking your hand.

"Speedy, I'm so happy," you tell him, swinging his hand with yours. "I love you so much."

"I'm happy too, and I love you with all my heart."

At the place where he intended, he waves his arm around with a flourish, "Ta-da!"

Your eyes enlarge, taking in the majestic sight before you. 

A small stream rushes through a field of flowers, a large tree offering shade on a small hill. It's breathtaking.

"I-I've never seen anything like this," you say quietly. 

Having grown up in the city and not having the money to afford travel, you've never really been out in the country before. 

"It's nothing like Ogre Street, eh?" He says, taking in your amazed expression with fondness in his heart.

You gaze at him with tears moistening your eyes, "It's too glorious for words..."

"Now you know how I feel when I see you after being away for so long," he affectionately caresses your cheek.

You chuckle, "You're so cheesy sometimes... but I do feel like this when I see you too."

Without delay, he lovingly connects his lips with yours. You lean up into the kiss, reaching to run your fingers through his soft blond hair. 

"Be mine forever?" He asks, after a time.

You beam, "Only if you'll be mine."