Chapter One

As Sky and I made our way to the living room we heard subtle laughter and the clinking of champagne glasses , Sky and I looked at each other knowingly silently hoping this was not another 'business arrangement' meeting. I wish we were right on that this time but no such luck

I saw my dad smiling at a man who looks like he belonged in that 365 DNI, I swear if they didn't use Michele Morrone as Massimo this guy could have taken his place.What could he have to do with my dad but I shouldn't be surprised though dad always had a meeting with business clients when that time could have been spent getting to know his only daughter.

"Ahhhh there you are my beautiful girl Mia" My dad said in a tone that told me something was up.

"Ummm hi dad" I said in an unsure manner.

"Princess I would like you to meet Niklaus Martinez ,a new business associate of mine and my soon to be Son-in-Law" Dad said in an almost enthusiastic tone.

"Do you have another daughter that i don't know about dad? That's the only way he could become that right? So where is she can i meet the poor girl before you send her off like a package" I said calmly to my dad , if looks could kill my father surely would have made me drop dead right there and then while Niklaus seemed to be hiding a laugh i just glared at him not finding this is to be funny at all.

"Mia don't you dare take up that tone with your father especially in front of a business associate who is your soon to be husband" My mom said in a voice which normally would shut me up but not this time.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me right ,just when i thought you guys couldn't stoop any lower ,FUCK YOU DAD I'M NOT ABOUT TO BE APART OF YOUR FUCKING SCHEME TO GET RICHER" I shouted angrily at my parents but focusing mainly on my 'Dad' he doesn't deserve that title after this.

Seeing as my dad had heard enough and was about to raise his hand, I knew he was about to shout at me. I stormed off but not before I heard Sky giving them a piece of her mind.

"First you tell her no boyfriends till she is off her studies she listens and then you do this so what only you could find the perfect match for her and you Mrs. K how could you allow him to use YOUR daughter who YOU birthed may I add as pawn in his scheme to get richer ,i'm ashamed that i ever thought of the two of you as family" Said Sky who then rushed behind me to find me getting into one of the cars laid out in the garage. I saw her coming and waited for her to hop in before I sped off to our spot in the park.

The entire car ride was silent and I welcomed it and Sky knew I needed this for the time being.

We arrived, got out and went up into our tree.

"Mia you know you don't have to do it right? You're finally 18. We've waited for this. We can't let them spoil it, not this time cause we're officially adults and it's time we leave for the house we have set up at the beach." Sky said finally.

I didn't even realize I was crying until she wiped a tear that was on its way to fall off my face.I don't always need to talk to Sky to communicate. She just gets me and this was one of those moments when I said nothing and we both just sat there looking out at children playing.

After what felt like hours we finally left.