Chapter Seven

Skylar and I found it hard to get any sleep with all that took place last night and this morning ,so after freshening up we just laid on the floor in her room looking at the ceiling in a comfortable silence .Sky seemed shaken up about something that happened while i was in Niklaus' office,I wanted to ask her but i didn't want to push her she seemed genuinely shaken up.Meanwhile my mind was running circles around what Niklaus said to me ,his eyes seemed so kind ,but the way he threatened me I knew otherwise.

"Sky let's leave" I said breaking the silence

"Huhhh??" Sky answered seemingly confused

"I think it's time we check out the beach house" I told her

"M, we can't not now" She said apprehensively

"What do you mean 'not now' ,just yesterday you were all about leaving" I said, raising my voice at her.

"Yeah I was but not after what happened ,you can't escape him" she let out a huge sigh.

"What the hell happened with that guard that has you shaken up and don't you dare say nothing ,or so help me God I'll slap you" I insisted

"Ok,ok,ok, Have you ever heard about the Martinez Gang?" She whispered

"Yeah ,but what does a gang have to do wi......." I gasped remembering his name Niklaus Martinez , "Oh my god ,don't tell me my parents got me mixed up with organized crime ,cause he told his name was Niklaus Martinez and he told me some crap about securing leadership and making never exist ,Jesus Christ ,what have they gotten me into" I rattled off

"He's not the leader yet just the underboss and he probably has people watching your every move ,that's why he knew where we were last night" She mumbled

"How do you know this Sky" I wondered out loud

"I saw the gang symbol on the guards forearm,also My dad and Matteo is on their payroll, they launder money through my dad's company ,I found this out when i interned as Matteo's assistant last summer" Sky rattled out

"I'm not gonna let him scare me or you , we're leaving tonight ,we're not telling our parents ,it's just gonna seem like we disappeared ,we already have clothes and money there ,were gonna leave our phones ,were not even gonna take the car ,we could take the bus and just disappear" I gushed,feeling hopeful.

"Okay" She murmured

"Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ,you meannnnnnnnnnn fantasticcccccccc" I declared jumping up off the floor feeling excited and trying to cheer Sky up.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh alrighhhhhttttt crazyyyy" Sky laughed, jumping up to meet me ,when our foreheads collided.

"Ouchhhhh '' we yelled at the same time rubbing our foreheads ,when then looked at each other and laughed.

It's been seven days since we left Sky's house like thieves in the dead of night. It took us two days by bus to get to the beach house as we travelled halfway across California by bus.

The days have been so peaceful with the usual dose of craziness and clumsiness ,I almost forgot about everything back home and just revelled in the happiness. When Sky and I have settled in we even made a plan to go job hunting.

I woke up this morning to the calming sound of the waves crashing against the shore, the serene environment ,and made this somewhere I could stay forever.

"Ahhhhhhhh" I yawned getting up off the bed making my way to the bathroom .

Before I entered the bathroom there was a loud obnoxious knock at the front door. 'Who could that be' I wondered. It's not like we've made friends with our neighbors . I heard the door open and I proceeded to turn on the shower thinking it was probably a delivery man.

"What the hell are you doing here Matteo" I heard Sky gasped and then a sudden scream along with it being muffled and ran out the shower in my towel and say her brother standing there with Niklaus and another man with his hands covering her mouth

I was left dumbfounded as I saw my best friend struggling. I then caught myself and screamed "LET.HER.GO '' I said, putting emphasis on each word ,looking between Nicklaus and her brother. He gave some kind of hand gesture and the monster of a man let her go causing me to let out a sigh of relief

"What do you want Niklaus?" I gritted out

"We had a deal remember?Your week is up come on let's go" He answered

"Lets go are you fucking insane, I said I'm not marrying you and that's final now leave our house" I told him wanting to be over with this marriage crap.

"And as for you Matteo you're a piece of shit standing there and watching your sister be held like that, I always knew you'd be somebody's bitch but i thought you would have been your father's bitch" I rant on looking at that scum Matteo.

"ENOUGH stop this shit now and get into my fucking car parked outside now Mia" Nicklaus said with finality in his tone.

"No" I replied

"Are you sure you want to play this hard to get Mia cause you will regret it"He threatened.

"I already said what i said Niklaus" I told him fedup

"Remember this is the way you chose it to be Amor"he smirked and left along with the others .