Chapter Three

After about 10 minutes we arrived at Skylar's house. I was not planning on going home tonight seeing my parents and that man is the last thing I need.

"Hiii girls" said Sky's mother as we entered the house heading to the kitchen.

Now unlike me and my mother she has a better relationship with her's. I always admired how well they got along ,what we do have in common is the fact that our fathers would much rather spend time in the office than with family .Sky also had an older brother named Matteo but he's hardly ever around following in the footsteps of her dad he better get out of that track because those men are something you shouldn't want to be.

I looked at Sky's mom still teary eyed and she immediately understood what was happening as she opened her arms and pulled me into a hug as my body began to shake as I sobbed. I could barely speak as i sobbed so Skylar explained to her mom what exactly happened

"Charlotte seemed so much more understanding when we were younger and David, I knew he loved money but using his daughter as a business pawn is utterly ridiculous!!!!" Aunty Anne said angrily.

" I ought to go over there and give them a piece of my mind ,you're like a daughter to me Mia" Aunty Anne said as she let go of me.

" Aunty Anne no I don't want to cause any problem between you and my parents" I said trying not to start crying again.

"Alright dear Skylar take Mia upstairs to get some rest she's had a hard day" Aunty Anne said to Sky who was now elbow deep in a box of Kellogg's cereal.

"Ok mom " Skylar says slyly swiftly, taking her hand out of the box and rushing towards me, throwing her hand over my shoulder as she drags me to her room.

As we arrived in Sky's room I plopped down on her bed like a sack of potatoes. Staring at the ceiling ,I thought of all the times my parents have used me as a pawn for their financial gain ,you'd think that for 'strict' parents they would never do that to me but once it benefits them they'd feed me to the wolves. I've always complied but an arranged marriage there is no way i could do that i'm barely 18 .Sometimes I wish i could just disappear but Sky would kill me if i tried. Thinking of Sky, where did that pest go?

"Miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa we gonna get so drunk tonightttt!!!!!!!" Sky says eagerly jumping around the room.

"I think you're already drunk, I thought we were gonna stay in after what happened at my house" I said.

"AREE YOU ON DRUGGGGSSSSS ,the hell we're not cancelling it's your 18th birthday" She said as she looked at me like i was the crazy one.

"But ......" I said

"But nothing you just turned 18 and we could finally enter the club with your real ID and we're gonna go get drunk receive compliments do some dances and have a Uber bring us back here now with that being said here which do you like" She said showing me two short dresses.

The first dress was black body con sequin dress ,with a sweetheart neckline and a thigh split that would clearly lead to your hoohah. The second dress was a blood red off the shoulder ruched short dress  .

"Hmmmmm" I wondered out loud . "The black one" I said.

"Yessss" she squealed and was about to run off when she fell flat on her ass. 

"I worry about you sometimes Sky" I said laughing as she glared at me.

Sky got up  and went back to her fussing about hair and makeup. She knows she'll make us look great but can't help but fuss about it.

I fucking called it.

" Sky we look amazing I know you would have made us look great, what was I thinking, not wanting to go out with this look we just have to." I said eagerly.