Chapter Twenty Four

Skylar Williams' POV

"Mia ,you trying to kill me with all this bright ass light in here" I groaned as I opened my eyes and was greeted by a ridiculous abundance of sunlight.

"It's nice to know you've become a vampire from last year to now" a very familiar voice said from the corner of the room.

I shot up from my bed to look at whoever was in my room.

"Dimitriiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted bolted towards my older cousin who I hadn't seen in a year jumping on him giving him a bear hug.

"Woah there, i thought you hated my monkey ass" My cousin reminded me of the last thing i said to him.

"I missed you but i still don't like you"I spoke with a slightly hoarse voice,hitting him to emphasise my point.

"Ahhh there ,is the spawn of satan i remember but you know Dad said you were wasted ,this was not the reaction I expected, I expected to leave here with some type of bodily injury" He laughed.

"You know that can be arranged, but first you have to meet my best friend"I said without caring if I looked half cracked,dragging him out of the room to the kitchen where I was 100% sure ,I would find Mia.

"Mia,Mia ,there's someone you need to meet" I shouted entering the kitchen to see only Olga.

"Morning Olga ,have you seen Mia?"I greeted and asked.

"Good Morning Skylar,no I have not seen Mia, you should check with Sir Vlad"She replied.

"Okay thanks" I said ,grabbing my cousin's hand again and dragging him to Uncle Vlad's office.

"Dimitri ,I see you got Skylar up"Uncle Vlad voiced as I busted into his off without knocking luckily he wasn't in a meeting.

"Yes Dad and it's surprising ,I wasn't injured in the process"Dimitri and uncle Vlad spoke as if I wasn't there.

"Uhm uhm ,Uncle V have you seen Mia" I asked , wanting to introduce her to Dimitri.

"Mia went home dear" he said and went back to talking to dimitri.

"WHAT,WHEN,WHY?" I questioned, as my stress and panic level skyrocketed.

"It's not my place to say,"He answered.

"Uncle don't give me that shit ,get me on the next flight out" I raised my voice.

"Young lady don't take up that tone with me" he stopped and looked at his watch then continued "She already landed by now ,so go and call her ,then come back we have business to discuss" he finished handing me a satellite phone.

Knowing there is no way to argue with uncle Vlad ,I left the office and headed back to my room to make the call.

Preparing myself to ensure I give Mia an earful ,I called the number and waited for her to pick up.

"Thank you un-" Mia answered but I didn't let her finish.

"NOW WHAT KIND OF BEST FRIEND ,JUST FLIES TO A DIFFERENT CONTINENT WITHOUT TELLING ME-" i was cut off by Mia.

"He killed my mother and he was going to kill my dad if I didn't return"She spoke in a hushed tone I could tell she was about to cry.

"I'm so sorry ,I'll be on the next flight out" I told her.

"No Skylar don't follow me and stop trying to drink yourself way ,that alternate reality doesn't exist" She stated

"Okay please be safe ,call me if that bitch tries anything please Mia ,promise you'll call every week just so I know you're alive" I asked her.

" I promise ,i've got to go Sky bye" she said

"Bye"

Before going back to uncle Vlad's office ,I had a well deserved bath and dressed a little nice to see if it'll help my sour mood.

"Okay uncle V ,what did you want to discuss" I chirped as I entered his office and went to sit in one of the office chairs.

"Skylar ,I was half expecting you not to return" Uncle Vlad spoke looking up from a stack of papers on his desk "But since you're here , I spoke to your mother and after the yelling and battering over the phone she and I have decided that you'll work for me while here ,well that if you want too" he continued much to my utter shock ,my mother never ever wanted me in the business.

"My mother , your sister has agreed for me to work for you , are you sure it's the same Anne Lebedev-Williams that birthed me ,for Christ sake she wouldn't even let me keep my gun in the house" I blabbed to my uncle causing him to let out a deep chuckle.

"Yes Skylar,your mother has agreed ,when she was your age she worked for the Russian Mob too ,you haven't given me an answer though" He replied leaving me utterly shocked.

"Mom worked for the Mob"I gasped as my mother never mentioned that she worked for the Mob "I'd love to work for you uncle V and before you give me the long explanation i know the risks involved" I finished

"Yes she did ,I'm glad to have you in the family business Skylar ,but not just because your my niece you're going to skyrocket up the ranks ,for now you'll work at Dimitri's side learning the in's and out's of the business" uncle Vlad informed me as I sat taking in everything he said ,deep down i always knew I'd join the family business as it had always appealed to me.

"I understand uncle V, when do I start seeing as I don't need to be physically trained" I questioned.

"Skylar my dear niece ,you will need to widen your combat skills so you'll be training with one of my best fighters whilst working with dimitri ,one of the trainers are waiting for you right now in the gym and good luck Skylar ,I know you'll make me proud" My uncle stated before ushering me out his office so I can get ready for what's to come.

I have always been intrigued with the Mafia business but never once did i think ,if given the opportunity i would say yes.It's not like I'm sacred,well maybe a little but that is only about the level of uncertainty  i'm feeling .