Chapter Nine

When Sky and I arrived home with Max there was a strange gift wrapped package at the door. Sky and I were shocked to say the least cause no one knew we were still at the beach house unless Niklaus left his men to spy on us. That would explain the gut feeling that Sky had that we were being watched.

"What the fuck is this" Sky sounded breaking me out of my daze.

"I don't know but we're about to find out" I answered bending to pick up the box

"M, are you dense that could be a bomb and you're picking it up all upsy daisy" Sky scolded me

"They still need me they won't blow me up" I said cockily whilst

Sky just rolled her eyes at me and pushed open the door awaiting Max and I's entry before slamming it shut and locking all of the seven locks. I made my way over to the living room with Max and the box whilst Sky disappeared into the kitchen. I sat on the couch with the box in hand undoing the wrapping paper .After a couple minutes of tug of war with the wrapping paper I finally got to open the box and to my utmost surprise it was a chew chew toy with a note next to it.

'Good choice ,I think a German Shepard would make an amazing addition to our household' From Your Fiance Niklaus the note read.

"What the actual fuck!!!!" I exclaimed causing Sky to bolt in the room.

"What's wrong" She inquired, approaching me and snatching the note .

Sky's eyes quickly scan the note then peeping in the box .

"This is insane can't he logically comprehend what you said" she said seemly fed up

"He has someone watching us our every move he knows" I sneered " This is all my fucking parents fault ,Are we going to run for the rest of our lives there is only so much that god forsaken trust fund could do JESUS CHRIST" I shouted at Sky who seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

Sky was snapped out of her puzzled state when there was a loud knock on the front door. 'Not this again' i thought.

"I'm going this give him a piece of my mind again" I said determined

Swinging open the door with force I was hit with another surprise.

"Good evening dear are u going to let your parents in or not?"My mother said

"What do you want?"Sky questioned with an eye roll.

"We have some things to discuss princess" My dad answered sternly.

"Ok come in and make it fast" I muttered ,hoping my dad would have a change of heart.

"How can you even live here, is this the daughter I raised,Ahhh oh my god what is that awful flea carrier doing in this house Mia Lucinda King didn't I tell you can't have those" My mother gushed utterly appalled.

"First off his name is Max and second this isn't your house it's ours and we will have it our way so take a seat and get to why you are here in the first place mom" I hissed.

"Fine,your father and I would like to know why you aren't preparing for the wedding as you should" My mother answered getting ready to lecture me.

"Ughhh this again" Sky groaned.

"You guys need to stop using me, I've reached my limit and I'm saying no to this one" I spoke hoping they would try to understand.

"Princess you need to understand this man is very powerful and he needs our business as much as we need his money this was the only way" My dad reasoned .

"I don't care, I'm not doing it, just save what you have left and move to a smaller house, Dad you don't even need to take mom. She'll just complain all the time anyway" I told Dad boldly causing my mother to gasp.

"I will not sit here and have you disrespect me now shut up and listen to your father young lady" She demanded.

I rolled my eyes and at the same time Max came and laid at my feet causing her face scrunch up in disgust making me smile just cause I got under her skin.

"Listen to me princess seeing as we own an export business the Martinez would like to have some trading done using our docks and machinery and he wanted the deal to be permanent and says his son needs to start a family and this was the only reasonable way don't you understand" Dad spoke.

"All i understand dad is that you want to use me to marry a man that scares you but will also make you richer" I scoffed

"Sky dear you have it all wrong" Mother advised

"Listen and listen well princess if this man doesn't get what he wants he'll find a way he always does and we don't know what his way will be but i can tell you we will either suffer badly or he'll kill us and take you" My dad said looking at me as if im to show some sign of weakness at his words

"I'm still not taking back what i said dad and i don't think i ever will you guys need to understand i want to live for me now I've never gotten the chance to so please just let me be,I'm happy here don't you see?" I pled

My father sighed and my mother was about to speak but he stopped her and said "I want you to be happy dear but it's just that i'm not ready to live anything other than this life and you could just marry him and do what you want with life he's rich you'll have it all" My Dad spoke trying to convince me.

"MONEY ISN'T IT and if you don't get that you need to leave and not see me until you understand why I'm trying to get rid of you" I screeched.

With that I stormed off leaving Skylar to show my parents the way out. 

****

This chapter is dedicated to Black_panther who made this amazing cover !!!! THANK YOUUUU 

Also a huge thanks to the readers who got this book to 100 reads this was amazinggg ,we love you guys.