Chapter Twenty

Mia King's POV

Sky and I were currently sitting in the San Francisco airport waiting area trying to not stick out like a sore thumb,Sky had on an oversized gray hoodie that hid her face and bruises perfectly and huge sunglasses not wanting people to stare at her black eye. I on the other hand hid my red hair underneath a baseball cap and a massively oversized T-shirt that fit like a dress. Keeping our heads down knowing Niklaus and Romeo aren't far behind ,we occasionally raised our heads just to scan our surroundings. My body was sore from the body slam steroid hulk gave me and i had bruised knuckles but that was nothing compared to the immense pain Skylar was in ,we had bought so many pain killers just to be able to walk around the airport not looking suspicious ,for the most part it worked as Skylar was able to move around on her own but she was constantly drowsy and as we sat waiting she was falling in and out of sleep.

"Sky what's going to stop them from coming to Russia ,they came halfway across California ,had people watching our every move" I whispered to Sky

"My uncle Vlad will help us"She muttered.

"No offence but what could your uncle Vlad do to Niklaus huh,your uncle is probably on his pay roll" I retorted angrily.

"I'll tell you everything when we get to Russia ,just know uncle Vlad will protect us" She spoke finally ,when i noticed a very familiar face at the entrance scanning the room causing me to down my head even further.

"Skylar don't look back or raise your head Romeo is at the entrance"I whispered lowly

"Is he alone of he has company" She asked

"He's probably waiting for back up" I suggested

"Okay ,keep checking dont make it obvious" She said

"Oh shit" I cursed lowly staring at the entrance.

"Wh-"

"Niklaus and his backup have just arrived and are coming toward the sitting area" I rushed out gripping the backpack.

"Don't panic ,if you panic they'll fish us out ,keep your head down and when i pinch you it means we're moving" She whispered.

Keep my head down ,I watch as Niklaus and his men walked through the rows of chairs,I only saw their over polished shoes which would most likely stab my eye out.The men were getting closer and closer to where Sky and I sat ,causing me to shrink in my chair sending out silent prayer to the Big Man above. My palms were sweating uncontrollably causing me to constantly rub my hand in the shirt. My heart started to race as two men were only five chairs away from Sky and I. 'God please' i thought squeezing my hand in my shirt. I look over to Sky who sat calmly ,like this was a regular procedure 'How could she be this calm' I thought .I raised my head to catch a glimpse of two men walking towards Sky and I . "It's over were caught" i thought.

"Boarding Call for passengers booked on flight 132B to Vnukovo,Moscow Oblast,Russia ,Please proceed to gate 12" the PA system announced causing passengers including Sky and I to get up when a group of passengers passed by blending into the crowd.

I kept silently praying until we successfully boarded the flight as Niklaus' men were still lurking around .Sky and I kept our heading down completely till the plane was ready for take off and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Skylar Williams POV

The flight had just landed in Russia ,the flight attendant had made the announcement that we could leave the plane,but Mia and I were waiting until the rush of over tired jet lagged passengers eased.I was glad to just be sitting because no matter how many pain killer i took my body still felt like i was ran over by a truck ,steroid hulk really did a number on me. Also, I was yet to call my uncle but i'm sure he will come to get us no matter the short timing.

"I think we should move now" Mia whispered ,I merely nodded and Mia proceeded to collect our backpack from the overhead compartment.

"Wait here" I told Mia, leaving her at the pick up curb as I headed toward the closest payphone.

"Romanov, kogda ya uvizhu tebya v sleduyushchiy raz, ya polozhu pulyu tebe v glaza" Uncle Vlad yelled into the phone picking it up on the second third ring.

" V lyubom sluchaye, pogovorit' s tvoyey yedinstvennoy plemyannitsey?" I said into the phone knowing uncle Vlad will instantly recognize my voice through my terrible russian accent.

"Ahhh my dear Skylar,what can I do for my only niece" He spoke with his thick russian accent.

"Well a lift from the airport will be nice Uncle Vlad" I laughed trying not to let my uncle hear the distress in my voice.

"Why would you need a lift dear,don't tell me you ran away from home again,your mother will have my head this time" He said.

"Uncle Vlad,I'll tell you everything ,just please hurry"I pled.

"30 minutes dear" He said before hanging up.

Mia and I had been waiting outside the airport when a series of black tinted SUVs pulled up in front of us ,the door opened and Uncle Vlad who's face wore a soft smile stepped out of the vehicle.

"Skylar dear it's great to see you,why all the clothes it's hot" uncle Vlad said as he reached me and took off my shades

"Wait um"I rushed out as he took it.

"All that training you got as a kid for what ? Who did this to you the person better be dead" My uncle bellowed drawing the attention of some people.

"Uh hey uncle Vlad nice to see you too" I chuckled nervously. My uncle Vlad is never one I can lie to, this will be difficult.

"Of course it's nice to see my favourite niece but don't skip my question" He pressed.

"It's nothing I ensure the person was left looking worse" I ensured

"That's my girl well done, so what brings you" He replied

"Don't need a reason to see you do I,just missed you is all" I lied kind of ,I did miss my uncle ,but to visit during the start of the Russian summer is never a choice I would have made was i was given.

"Well then let's get you and your friend settled" He spoke

"Hurry up old man I'm tired" I teased

"A quick sparring session will show oh I'm not that old" He retorted and I did not doubt it.

He took the first vehicle and signaled for us to take the second one and off we went.

"Why all this to pick us up? What does your uncle do again" Mia questioned as we entered the SUV.

"He's important this is just a procedure he follows" I shrugged

"Ugh you'll still have to explain this more but for now I'll sit back and watch the ride to the house" Mia spoke

"Just what we should do"I mumbled as she leaned on the door resting her head to the glass.