Chapter 1

Alli's POV

I was sitting in Stu's office holding my husband's hand, "I don't understand why you had to come back." Stu said. "He hates people putting stuff in his mouth." I said defending Phil. Stu looked at me, "You're the same." He said. "She doesn't like things being poked in her gums." Phil said. "Shush you're the patient." Stu and I said to Phil. "Don't distract me." Stu said.

I stopped and rubbed Phil's knuckles with my thumb, "You really need to floss more." Stu said. "Fuck that." Phil said. I laughed at him, "That's why I come here." Phil said. "Also, you're the only one Croix won't argue with." I said pointing at Stu. "Well then maybe you and your husband should come more than once every two years." Stu said. "Hey, we worry about the kids teeth more than ours." Phil said. "Also, you could bleed us of all our money?" I asked. "I never charge you two a dime." Stu said writing on Phil's chart.

I grabbed the nitrous and looked at it, "Hey Stu." I said. "Yeah?" He asked. "How do I work the nitrous?" I asked. "Uh you don't actually." Stu said. "Come on just one hit." I said holding it over Phil's mouth. "Alli no." Stu said. "I meant for him I am driving." I said pointing at Phil. Stu shook his head then I looked at Phil taking the mask off, "I tried." I said.

Phil laughed, "Fillings look pretty good any other problems?" Stu asked. "Yeah actually you're getting married in Thailand." Phil said looking at Stu. Stu looked at me, "I listen to this at night." I said getting up and looking around, "For starters that flights for me and Alli that's two grand which she has to pay for." Phil said. "There goes family vacation." I mumbled. "Then Clayton is watching our house and dog. So now he's got this whole new thing to hang over our heads." Phil said.

Stu started to say something when Phil ranted more, I grabbed Stu's pad where he can prescribe medication with his signatures on all of them. I put them in my back of my pants and put my jacket over them, "Plus it takes five days to get there." Phil finished up. "It's a sixteen-hour flight." Stu said. "Yeah sixteen hours with a teenager and an 8-month-old." I said. "Croix isn't that bad." He said. "No, it's the 8-month-old we have to deal with." I said. "Didn't you ask your mom to watch Zeppelin?" Stu asked. "Shut up." Phil and I said pointing at Stu.

"Okay after the flight it's going to be beautiful when you get there." He said. "Whatever it's a hassle." Phil said. "It is kind of far." Stu said. I sat down next to Phil again, "Lauren's been there a week and she's still jet-legged." Stu said. Phil unclipped the bib from around him, "But it's where her parents are from it means a lot them." Stu said.

"Who gives a shit about her parents he dad hates you." Phil said. I slapped his chest hard, "Ouch." Phil said. "He doesn't hate me." Stu said as Phil got up. "Oh yeah that's right he's just never spoken to you." I said. "I think it's a cultural thing." Stu said. "Why can't you just get married in Vegas like we did? So much easier." Phil said. "Why can't you just be excited for me?" Stu asked as Phil rolled my chair closer to him. "This is my wedding." Stu said. Phil and I looked at one another then at Stu, "You're really happy huh?" Phil asked. "I really am." Stu said. I stood up looked at my husband, "Say it." I said. "Alright I'm happy too." Phil said and patted Stu's shoulder. "Thank you." Stu said. "It's going to be fun." I said the three of us chuckling.

I started walking out with Phil, "Alli." Stu said. I stopped but didn't turn around, "Put the prescription pad back." Stu said. I walked back to him taking it out of my back of my pants and threw it down, "Thank you." Stu said looking at it. I just looked at him, "You know that's a felony, right?" Stu asked. "Fuck you Stu." I said and walked away. "Was this right up against your ass?" Stu asked. "Yep." I said walking away holding Phil's hand. "So close baby girl." Phil said. "I got further than you did." I said. "You did not." He said. "You didn't even make it out of the room." I said looking at him. "Shut it." He said then pecked my lips. "Let's go pick up the teenager and 8-month-old." I said to Phil. He kissed my head as we got in the car and drove to Croix's school.