Chapter 4

The riffle slowly turn towards Hyewon "What?!" She stared at the camera, her eyes were filled with horror and tears "You judges! It wasn't me!" She pleaded with her eyes.

"Sorry Hyewon, the judges already made the decision"

Then they heard a reloading sound before the riffle fired towards Hyewon's forehead. Her dead eyes were open and her pupils are dilated, the chains on their wrists and feet loosens and Eunbi immadiately ran towards Hyewon's lifeless body.

"K-Kwangbae" she called while shaking her body "Hyewon! Wake up.. you can't do this to me".

"Unnie" Hitomi said and shook her head "She's gone". The monitor inside the basement flashed the words INNOCENT.

"Looks like the judges picked the wrong one. I told you guys, prove your innocence"

"Who the fuck are you?! Why are you doing this?!" Yena screamed to the monitor. She just lost her bestfriend.. Hyewon is precious to her despite their fights.

"You guys know how the game works right? The players will give their alibis and accuse the next suspect"

They reluctantly left the basement and Hyewon's body. Chaeyeon was the last person to went out "I'll miss you Kwanbae" and with that final glance, she shut the door behind her.

***
Minju's pov

We went to the house's living room and all of us formed a circle on the floor. Yujin is beside me and we maintained a safe distance between us, Sakura unnie is currently cooing Eunbi unnie.

Being a psychology student, their gestures may play a significant role to this evil game. But then, my eyes landed on Yuri, her eyes were shaking while fiddling her fingers.

I understand that she's scare but, her eyes seems to convey something.. something that is hidden.

"We all know what that host is talking about"  Chaewon said and all of us stared at her "It's Doah".

Yuri visibly stiffens "We should hear eachother's alibis" I said "I'll listen to everything, I just hope that what I've learn in psychology will pay off".

They all agreed with what I've said and I asked all of them to stay inside the the living room while I conduct the interview inside the kitchen. I took my small notepad and my pen "Who would like to go first?" I asked and looked at them, Yuri adverted her eyes "Yuri, I'll start with you".

Yena unnie pecked on her lips before we walk towards the kitchen. We sat across eachother and before we could start, the kitchen door opened "Sorry, they told me to interview with you" it was Yujin.

My heart started to race when I saw her "S-Sure" damn Kim! Why did you stutter? She took a stool and sat infront of me.

"Okay, Yuri before we start whatever it is that we'll discuss here in this room will stay here, okay?".

She timidly nodded her head.

"Okay so, what were you doing that night?" I asked, she took a deep sigh before speaking "I was with Eunbi unnie that time, we were collecting some herbs near our camp. After fetching some herbs, we saw a bloody sledgehammer a few steps away from our camp".

I studied her body language and her eyes were shaking again and her hands too.

"Did you notice anything suspicious other than that?" I asked but she shook her head. Why do you have to lie to me Yuri? Do you know something?

"Okay Yul, thank you can you call Eunbi unnie please".

"She's lying is it?" Yujin asked, she lean against the chair and spin the pen around her fingers. I nodded my head "She's hiding something from us".

The door opened but instead of Eunbi unnie, Sakura unnie entered the room "Eunbi unnie is exhausted from all the crying that she did. I hope it's okay if I went here instead?".

"Ofcourse unnie, have a sit".

Sakura unnie is far more calm than Yuri.

"So unnie, no matter what we talk about here will stay inside this room" she nodded "Okay so unnie, what were you doing that night?".

She hummed "Ah! I was with Yena that time, Eunbi unnie asked us to start the fire so we can cook right after she fetch some herbs with Yuri".

"Did you notice any sledgehammer around the area?" Yujin chimmed, Sakura unnie frowned "Oh right! I saw Chaewon holding it I asked her what she will do with that but, she said she'll test it on some rocks. She must be bored that time".

"Okay unnie we're done, please call Chaewon unnie".

***
Third person

While the interrogation carried on, Nako and Wonyoung decided to roam around the house. Both of their courses are somewhat related to each other and they find the house fascinating despite the fact that it looks haunted and old.

They climb the stairs and check the rooms, everything is well built and maintained.

"Let's go here" Nako twisted the knob and the two of them was welcomed with a nursery room. Everything is painted in light orange, except that the walls are dusty and full of molds.

There was a crib near the window and books shelves on the side. They ventured inside and explore the room.

"Damn these are old" Nako said while looking at the dusty books. Wonyoung's eyes landed on a certain notebook on the table, she picked it up and blew the dust away.

The cover is mint in color and there's also a zodic symbol of libra infront.

***
Minju's pov

"What were you doing that time?" I asked, Chaewon unnie scratched her nape "I was so bored since Hitomi was taking some selfies with Nako and Hyewon".

"They told me that they saw you carrying a sledgehammer" Yujin said and her shoulders visibly stiffens "Oh right, I saw that one beside my shared tent with Hitomi I was bored so I tried smashing some rocks with it. I let it go when Hitomi called me and when I went back, it was gone".

I nodded my head "Okay unnie thank you".

***
That night, they decided to continue the interrogation tomorrow. The house has alot of rooms, the couples in their group stays together but Eunbi stayed inside Chaekkura's room.

Wonyoung, Nako, Minju, and Yujin took the room at the end of the hall. Wonyoung and Nako stayed in one bed while Minju and Yujin took the separate one.

It was around 3 am and everybody is asleep. The door slowly opened and a person entered wearing a gas mask. She opened a small blue canister, containing nitrous oxide.

She hovered on top of Yujin before fishing out a huge kitchen knife. She stranggled the poor girl who tried her best to fight back, the other girls were deep in their sleep due to the gas.

The person then stabbed Yujin eight times all over the body, the last stab was the fatal one because the blade pierced through the latter's temple. When the job is done, the person took the canister and fled.

---
Note: What now my dear judges? You guys know the drill. Who do you guys think it was? Who are your bets? Hahahaha