Chapter 10

The swimming pool is about 7ft deep and Chaewon is having a hard time keeping herself afloat. The digital timer on the side of the pool started the count down already (I forgot to mention, Chaewon is given 5 minutes to do the task).

"Chaewon! Whatever you do! Do not open your mouth!" Chaeyeon said and with a final nod, Chaewon submerge herself underwater. She quickly tried to put the puzzle pieces together but with a raging mind and heart, and her hands were constantly shaking, she find it really hard to connect the pieces.

Her other friends were able to watch Chaewon through a screen beside the timer. Eunbi clasp her hands together as she watch Chaewon, solve the puzzle.

Chaewon's diaphram started to jerk, signaling she needs the oxygen anytime soon. She shook her head and released some bubbles, causing her for some water to enter her mouth and she tasted the bitterness on her tongue.

She let go of the piece and went above surface to reach for the hose of the oxygen tank. She quickly placed the mouth piece inside her mouth and inhaled deeply. Once she made sure that she filled her lungs she went under water again to build the puzzle.

"Jjaeyeon, what will happen if Chaewon intakes the strychnine?" Sakura asked, her eyes never leaving the screen "Babe, it's poison. If Chaewon accidentally intake some water.. she might die" Chaeyeon replied.

***

2 minutes on the clock and the more Chaewon stays under water, the more strychnine she intakes in her system. Her head is starting to spin and she has this urge to vomit because of the side effect. She only has one chance in using the oxygen tank so she tries her best to solve it.

She placed the last piece and she was able to form a picture. A picture of them, camping and at the far left corner of the picture is a code "0620" she said to herself as she went to the surface again and went out of the pool. She stumble on her feet, cupping her stomach as she fought the urge to puke.

Chaewon shakingly placed the code on the lock and upon hearing the click, the timer stopped. Her friends ran towards her and opened the chest box and they saw an envelope and an IV bag. Chaeyeon carried the girl and they hurriedly went inside the living room, they placed the poor girl down the couch "This IV bag is the antedote" Yena said, she quickly took the syringe out of the packet and rolled Chaewon's sleeves up.

She took the girl's hand to search for the huge vein "You know how to do this?" Minju asked and Yena nodded "My brother is a doctor, he thought me how to do this". Upon seeing the vein, Yena pushed the needle in making Chaewon grunt and soon, the IV seep in through her vein.

The heavy boulders on their chest were finally lifted as they watch Chaewon, sleeping soundly on the couch. They were able to change her shirt and pants "Chaewon?" they all turn their heads to see Hitomi.

Her eyes were clearly shaking in fear as she made her way to the couch. She saw her girlfriend sleeping and she couldn't help but to cry. Her knees gave in and before she can collapse on the floor, Minju caught her.

"Chaewon unnie is okay, she solved the puzzle awhile ago to save you" she said, Hitomi cried on Minju's chest. 

"What did the killer do to you? Did you see her face?" Wonyoung asked, Eunbi placed a glass of water infront of Hitomi. She shakingly took the glass and drank the water "I wasn't able to see anything that time since I was in a dark room" she replied.

"The killer didn't do anything but, I saw what Chaewonnie did " she softle caressed her girlfriend's head and kissed Chaewon on the forehead. The girl grunted as she carefully opened her eyes "Hitomi!" she exclaimed and engulf her girlfriend in a tight hug "I thought I've lost you!" she said against the latter's crown.

"Don't leave me again okay? I love you"

"I won't leave, I love you too".

Yena adverted her eyes somewhere. Those kisses and i love yous that she witness only made her miss Yuri evenmore. Her eyes went to the envelope that Chaewon got along with the IV drops, she opened it and saw a piece of paper that is neatly folded.

She opened the letter and saw a math problem:

A number multiplied to the factors of 9 when subtracted by 5 and divided by the sum of the roots of 100 is 1. What is the number?

---

Note: hello my readers.. I know you want the others to survive so why not help them in solving the problem? Be careful tho, one wrong answer and the players will face an unimaginable demise...

Goodluck