Chapter 8

Killer's pov

I can't sleep.. this lingering feeling of guilt still haunts me every single night. I couldn't even close my eyes since whenever I do that, all I see are my... our victim's horrified expression. I'm currently staying inside a room at the upper floor of the house that we used. 

How did we end up here? I wasn't like this but... she pushed me to do it. I don't wanna do this, heck! I can't even kill a bug. But what choice do I have? I need to protect myself and the person I love.

The door of the room creaked making me sit on the chair properly. She entered the room with a sweet smile on her face.. how could she smile when four of our friends already died in her hands. How can she sleep soundly at night? How can see eat? How can she act as if everything is okay?

"Don't look at me like that, you wanted this too" she spat while looking at the computer monitors infront of us "Yes I did but, I didn't expect it to be like this! We just meant to prank Doah!" I retorted, I fought the urge to cry since I know, my tears won't work on this monster.

She bent her body down and point the kitchen knife on my neck "Quit being a cunt will you?! I will slit your throat instead!" she said and all I can do is to lower my head and utter a small "sorry". She retracted the knife and adverted her eyes on the security cams again "Is everything ready for later?" she asks "Y-yes, the lights will be turn off in 5 minutes" I stated while typing down some codes on the computer "The gun shots are all set too" I added, she patted her head and all I can feel is her cold skin against my crown "Good good" she said and she peck on my cheeks "Very good" and with that, she left the room.

I badly want to run away from this place and tell them the truth but, the love of my life would be at stake if that happens. I lean my head against the table and bit my lower lip, What have I got myself into?

***

Third Person

The next day came, Eunbi was the first one to wake up. She washed her face on the sink before going down to the kitchen to check if the killer left something for them to eat. Usually, the killer would leave them a box of supplies containing food, water, clothes, and some medical items that they might need. 

"Oh Hiichan, you're up" Eunbi said as she heat up some ramen. Hitomi entered the kitchen and sat on the chair "Yeah I woke up pretty early" she replied. Hitomi straighten her back to see what Eunbi is doing "The killer left a box again?" she asked and Eunbi nodded her head "Yeah I mean, I didn't actually expect it" she replied while pouring down some hot water for the ramen "I Thought she'll let us die in starvation".

Eunbi is done preparing their meal and she asked Hitomi to wake everybody up. They all groggily went to the kitchen and sat on their stool and started eating "There's a medical kit here, you should treat your wounds" Eunbi said before slurping down her noodles, Yena nodded her head and continue eating her food.

Sakura and Minju were the first ones to finish "Is there an extra shirt? I want to take a bath" Sakura said. Eunbi rummaged the contents before tossing her a clean pair of shirt and shorts. Chaewon is gulping down her water when she noticed that there's something written at the bottom of her glass.

"Guys" she called "There's something written underneath my glass" she said. She drank the water in one shot before reading the texts:

'071920, that's the code if you want to know more about me'

"A code for what?" Wonyoung asked, everybody started to search the whole kitchen to see if there's anything in there that they may need to put a code.

"There's none" Nako said.

They all went out of the kitchen and grouped themselves so they can search easily. Eunbi, Minju, and Yena went to the third floor, Chaewon and Hitomi went to the garden, Wonyoung and Nako went to the second floor, and Chaeyeon and Sakura stayed inside the living room.

***

Minju's pov

As we reached the third floor of the house, we immediately search the rooms. The rooms are flithy, some of them are covered in dusts and cobwebs, and some of their wooden floors are being eaten by termites so we decided not to enter that particular room anymore.

"Darn it! What does this killer wants?! I don't want to play her games anymore" I heard Yena unnie uttered followed by a thud when she tossed an old book on the floor. I sat on the bed and wander my eyes around, until I notice the book that Yena unnie have thrown.

It wasn't actually a book but, rather a diary again. Unlike the diaries that we have, this diary is colored in dirty-white and there are no zodiac symbols or whatever is on the book cover.

"Unnies, we have another diary here" I said, the two of them sat on the either side of me and I opened the diary to read it.

July 2018

It's been a month since it happened... I don't know what's gotten into me but, I have no choice but to do it. My family's company and my love is at stake if I didn't do it.

Oh God.. please forgive me.. for give us. I didn't wanna do it but I was left with no choice

-ykhgnan

"What does that suppose to mean?" Yena unnie asked "It dosen't matter, It'll help us to figure out who the killer is" Eunbi unnie said.

"Let's go meet the others" I stood up from the bed and clutch the diary.

***

Their search continues and all seems to be fruitless until... "Guys! we found it!" Chaewon yelled from the garden. Their friends hurriedly went out to the garden and saw the couple, standing infront of a wooden cabin (like the place where you hide gardening tools).

"Look, the podlock needs a code" Hitomi said as she pointed at the lock. She quickly enter the code and it opened, Chaeyeon bravely stepped inside.

It was an empty cabin and at the far end of the cabin is the sledgehammer.

Chaeyeon groaned lightly as she carried it out.

'So you guys found it.... go back inside'

They followed the voice and the nine of them stood in the middle of the livingroom.

"What do you want?!" Chaewon asked, holding Hitomi's hands firmly. They stood there for a good 5 minutes when the lights suddenly went out followed by a series of gun shots.

They all took cover and it finally seized.

"Guys!"

"What Chaewon?"

"Where's Hitomi?!"

---
Note: hmmm.... 🤔🤔🤔