1.

Yoongi sighed annoyed looking down at his plain ham and cheese sandwich. He kept staring at his lunch like it'll turn into something else.

He used to cook.

He used to love to cook.

Then that suddenly changed once his life took a turn he didn't expected. It was still hard until this day.

You would think after three hundred and seventy-one days he would accept it and move on.

Impossible to move on from something so deep and meaningful. Yes, he still kept count. Everyday that went by it only got worse. The hole of absence in the center of his chest just got deeper.

A sudden noise made Yoongi look up interrupting his train of thought. He met eyes with a tall lanky boy whose glasses were a bit too foggy.

He took off his glasses and smiled waving. "Hi. Yoongi. Taking lunch huh?" He asked putting them on his shirt and taking out his food.

"Yeah." Yoongi responded blankly.

Namjoon opened up his ramen cup and filled it with water. Then walked over to the microwave to heat up his food.

Yoongi picked up his sandwich and took a bite. It had a bland taste to it. He did eat sandwiches just about every day. Namjoon kept quiet while his food was heating up.

He watched it through the clear microwave amazed. "So are you excited about our new project?" He asked trying to make a conversation.

Yoongi didn't have many friends. Well, he did, but once everything changed he kept to himself. It was embarrassing talking to old friends since everything was awkward now.

His closest friend was Namjoon who he also worked with. So technically they were forced to communicate.

"Yeah. I am. We've worked hard for years. It better pay off."

"Are you kidding me? Yeah. It could be great. How awesome is it that we get to design the ideal partner?"

"Uhh...yeah. I guess so. When I went to school to become a scientist the last thing I expected was that I'd be designing boyfriends or girlfriends for single people."

"I think it's a great idea. This could be good for others."

"I suppose yeah."

"I like your model. He's beautiful." Namjoon admitted.

"I didn't make him to be beautiful. I made him to be perfect."

"I think that's pretty close to perfection."

"I hope so yeah. We will see once he interacts with the normal human society."

"Mhmm. We will see." Namjoon told taking a seat in front of him. After that they didn't say anything else and ate in silence.

That was the good thing about being friends with Namjoon. Their conversations were short and simple.

Namjoon didn't know about Yoongi's personal life and Yoongi didn't know of his. They only told each other what they wanted the other to hear.

That was for the best either way. Yoongi didn't want no one to know about his past life. He didn't want to get too attached. It always ended up bad.

It was better to keep his distance.

•••

Yoongi wrote down the numbers on his notebook as careful as he could. If he got one wrong he'd have to restart and that was not an option for him.