Chapter 2: the Dinner

The first thing I saw was the orchestra. People playing different instruments with such grace. They all had black and white dresses or tuxedos. All the hairstyles were perfect like their makeup and overall everything. The notes floated around the Room and everyone was dancing with long or short skirts, with blue, grey or even brown smokings. All these people knew their place, knew they were supposed to be here. Was I ever gonna get there? A little tear tried to fall but I retained it. My heart was enjoying every single second. We walked through the crowd and tried to find our tables, they were divided by dorms. All of them had white mats and vases with red and white Roses. It was so mind blowing to live like this. I would never get used to it. Our number, 102, shared the table with the 302 and 502. That meant, people from other years were going to sit with us. When we sat, there wasn't anyone else at the table yet. A waitress came to offer us a drink. Though Sarah chose Champagne which is ilegal because she's 19, I chose a cup of water.

"Common, I wanna dance" She said getting up. I followed her until we got to the dance floor. We danced shyly. "Let's spice it up" I shook my head laughing but before I could leave she was making me twirl. It was funny and then I made her twist and so we danced. Then it happened, remember I told myself not to do anything stupid? Well, guess that was not the case tonight. Sarah pushed me making me stumble. "Be careful!" She said loudly before I hit a guy.

"What?" He turned to see what had punched him. He was incredibly handsome, with sharp features and dark blue eyes, like the night. His hair was short and almost black. I blushed immediately.

"I'm so so sorry" I said without looking at his eyes.

"Be more careful next time" He said and left the dance floor with anger. I looked at Sarah confused and shrugged my shoulders in misunderstanding.

"Be more careful next time" She imitated and made me laugh hard.

The music stopped and the principal table shone. Clarice was standing in the middle, the man that had taken the boys in the tour was sitting besides her. On the right sat a beautiful young woman, dressed in an amazing gold gown. Next to her was another woman that looked even younger with a purple and shinny dress that had his own tail with glitter. On the other tip of the table was the same man from before. The one I had hit. I blushed AGAIN as I watched him drink from his Champagne glass. Clarice raised her hand and the whole room silenced.

"Welcome again to our First yearers." There was a round of applause and some persons around us even looked at us smiling. "It's time to take your places please"

We went to our table, the rest was already there. Two guys sat in front of us, they had gray suits and black ties, like matching. On the other side sat other two girls who where from the fifth year. They looked happy and bubbly. One of them had a silver dress long to her shoes, contrary to the other who had a black short one with sparkle in the cleavage.

"I'm so happy to introduce the new year. They are all very talented and will make this academy very very proud. That's what we expect" We all laughed. "As you know, studying here brings privileges that you would have never imagine. I'm sure you all experienced the shopping" Again, laughs "Well, things like that will be everyday" Applauses "I want all of you to see the dance floor because the orchestra will play for you while your plates are being served. For all the musicians out there from first year, pay attention because this is what you are going to be practicing for the next six years" More applauses, Clarice was a person that called for laughs, claps and smiles "Let's welcome please, The Orchestra!" With another big applause they started to sat in the middle of the room. Suddenly a violin started, the piano followed and then the whole group played. It was full of emotion, music that made you want to cry. It was hard, every single one of them had different ways to play the music. Some were still but with their eyes closed, others had big smiles and moved their feet. I felt intoxicated by the sound. It was elegant and entertaining, flawless. Not a single soul dared to talk or move, anyone needed to do so. We all were watching amazed by the talent. Sometimes the music would slow down, the violin was heard alone and then all the instruments would come back with more power than before. A piece of art that I was being served with.
My trance was broken by a waitress that politely left my first dish. I opened my eyes and saw that a big plate with salad and rice was resting in front of me