Chapter 6: Goals

I wasn't done yet, Maia wouldn't get in my head anymore. I had two hours before class and I was going to use them wisely. Running I entered the room and put the phone back in the speakers. Luckily the song from Pas de Trois was downloaded in my phone and I could practice and practice and practice. Dominique words had sticked in me very harshly. Though I needed he other two to complete the trio, I wanted to get to their expectations. It wasn't about doing the trio, it was about understanding your partners. I remembered Sebastian's facial expressions and Maia's sassy moves and tried to get the act better.

I did it once and knew it wasn't good enough, the second time was exactly the same, and so it went on and on for many tries. After a thousand repeats I fell to the ground, exhausted and sweating. The tears came without even asking them. I couldn't stop crying, wether it was from the physical pain or the frustration. I breathed and closed my eyes to calm myself. The music started again like a loop and I stood up. Now that my heart was back serene I could try it again. This time without imitating Sebastian, it was going to be me and me, only me. When I opened my eyes I imagined hundreds of people looking at me, expecting me to do it okay. And so I danced, like I thought it was alright. It didn't matter if I followed the other two perfectly but I wanted to show everyone I could be as good as them. When the music stopped I felt great, I felt like another person. I didn't care about Maia's horrible comments or Katarina's harsh truth or even Sebastian's indifferent gaze, if I was satisfied then it was o.k. This time the melody didn't start again, instead a clap of hands made me jump of surprise.

"I must say I'm impress" Katarina's voice said behind me. I turned to see her. "It's not everyday you see a student taking advice so fast." I looked at her and couldn't even believe my ears. "I'm proud of how you danced this time, seeing how you practiced and practiced doing the same...I thought you were never going to let go of that string. But look at you, you did" I smiled convinced that my final result was good enough. "You are not Maia and Sebastian, that's for sure" I nodded, I knew that already, they had six more years of practice than I did. "That doesn't mean you aren't good enough, you just need to believe it"

"Yes, I will, I promise"

"That's good, now rest, I think you have a class in 15 minutes, it wouldn't be appropriate if you were late"

"Yes ma'am" She smiled and I left running to the lockers. I put on some jeans and a black hoodie over the leotard. It was too late to completely change now. Smiling and satisfied I left the building, knowing I had achieved my first goal.

(...)

I entered my last class of the day, already tired of all the exercise I had done and the long periods my head had gone through today. I was not prepared to see Dominique sitting in the first row. I knew this class was for third yearers but I never thought it would be possible to end up with him, I didn't even know he was from third year. The second my feet stepped inside the room I saw his gaze traveling to me. He smiled broadly and signaled the sit besides him. I went with my eyes down to him, knowing that people were watching at me confused.

"What are you doing here?" He asked patting my shoulder delicately.

"Em...I've always liked history and my average grade is 10" He laughed and nodded while the teacher entered and the whole class went silent. Though I wanted so bad to pay attention, this angel's presence was too overwhelming. He acted like we were best friends and that was kind of odd to me. It was easy to look at him, he let me do it, I knew he knew I was doing that but he didn't complain or laugh. When the class finished I stood up quickly but Dominique griped my wrist harshly. "Mmm" I said uncomfortably. He let go immediately and I frowned.

"I'm sorry" I nodded and without answering I left to my dorm, it was so weird that he had that much confidence. "Agnes!" He said trying to call me but I didn't stop and kept on walking. Once I was outside I saw Dominique was standing besides Sebastian and the boy from the other day which I remembered the name was Nikolai. They were watching me and Sebastian punched Dominique's head. I blushed from the attention and decided it wasn't me that they were looking.

I didn't realize I had run and had been very very stupid. Although it was worth it because I arrived at my dorm much faster than usual. I closed the door and slide down it to the ground, confused and excited at the same time. Internally my smile was bigger than ever but outside I was nervous.

"What? are you okay?" Sarah asked while coming towards me.

"You will not believe what just happened!" I stood up and went to sit in the coach. "Okay, see I have History 303, the thing is"

"Say it common"

"Dominique goes to the same class" She opened her eyes widely. "So the whole time I didn't pay attention to the professor, I was just looking at him like psycho"

"Omg you didn't" laughing.

"Oh I did, when the class ended I wanted to leave as soon as possible but he grabbed my wrist, which was really awkward" I laughed and shaked my wrist in front of her. "He let go of my hand and I started to escape that situation, when I looked behind me, after getting outside, THERE they were."

"Who?"

"Sebastian, the guy I stepped on in the ball dance, Dominique of course and this other guy I also stepped on yesterday"

"OMG"

"I know right? I don't want to sound crazy but they were definitely looking at me" Sarah laughed and nodded. "Should I speak to one of them? I mean it's not like I have ever spoken to them like a full conversation."

"You should, for sure, common, do you have their numbers" I shook my head. "Tomorrow you will speak to Sebastian."

"Oh no, you are fucking crazy"

"Girl, it's not that hard"

"I don't know and maybe I'm just being paranoid, I don't want to look stupid"

"What can you lose?" I waited thinking of that but didn't want to really speak to him. After some more chattering we went to our rooms, today had been really long and my legs needed rest. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, my thoughts were with this three boys. When I was finally asleep I smelled the smoke, the fire didn't wait to appear. It was all around me, the bed was inside a circle of flames and I couldn't breathe. My eyes were teary and my clothes started to paint black. This time it wasn't my parents who were in danger, it was Sebastian. He stood outside the circle, besides him were the other two. I screamed so the would move but they couldn't hear me. The flames were closing around me and the wood from the bed started to burn. I felt a sudden shake and closed my eyes. When I opened them I was in my room again but it wasn't burning anymore. I looked around and saw Sarah with worry in her gaze and grabbing my wrists.

"I thought you didn't have nightmare anymore" She said so serious it even scared me.

"I- I don't know what happened, It just" I cried and watched my bloody hands. I breathe and calmed a little bit. "Let's talk about this" She sat besides me. "When I was 16 my house set on fire." Sarah gasped and I shook my head. "We were all inside it, I woke up first but my parents were screaming inside the bedroom, the door was locked from inside and they couldn't get out. I tried to help them but..." She stroked my hair. "The firefighters came thanks to some neighbours and made me leave. When they opened the door they were already unconscious ad died in the hospital five hours later due to the smoke in their longs. When they told me I fainted and slept for a whole week" I didn't realize how opened I had been with her, my tears were all around my face. "All my things were burned and I had to move with my grandparents, leaving all my friends. It was sophomore's summer and I had to enter junior year in two months. Eventually and with therapy I got better, before coming here I had 25 weeks without nightmares and 15 without a panic attack. What happened last time with me fainting...I thought I had it under control but clearly I don't" I closed my eyes and hugged Sarah.

"I'm so sorry Agnes...this is horrible"

"It's okay I just...don't want to lose this, It's something I ought to myself you know? It's something I promised my dad, I don't want to..."

"Shh...it's okay, I won't tell anyone, you want me to stay for tonight?" I smiled to her and nodded, we settled inside the blankets.

"Thanks..." It was the last thing I said before going back to sleep, this time calmed and feeling safe.

<holly>

I'm really sorry this chapters aren't long enough. It's just I want to make updates and not rush the things between the characters. Next chapter comes something really really importan. Be prepared. 

Did you like it tho? comment and vote please, so my story can reach more people.