Chapter 47: The grandparents

We went to the porch, Dominique rang the bell and we waited. It was cold outside but it didn't even take two minutes before granny opened the door. She had her usual elegant pants with a yellow sweater, you would die before seeing her dress informally, she was a businesswoman. And behind her was grandpa, he had his round glasses and a purple shirt. I smiled at them and opened my arms.

"Hi!" I said excitedly and my granny went in for a hug.

The guys watched us with smiles as I met with them again. Hugging them was something I didn't know I needed so much. But then I realized we were still outside and hurried the guys to enter with me.

"Look at you Agnes!" My granny started. "You are all grown up and so...elegant, oh how thrilling," Her eyes had watered but she stopped herself by hugging grandpa. "And oh you three how lovely for you to come here," She finally welcomed the guys.

They were tensed behind me and I knew they were nervous. Grandpa was hiding a smile by trying to make a frown but his attempt of being the bad guy wasn't working. I looked at them and smiled to let them know it was okay and they literally all smiled back at me, making me blush intensely. I walked past my grannies so I would be looking directly at them three.

"Well, Agnes I thought you knew better than to stand like that!" Granny slapped my arm playfully to get me out of my head.

"Yes! Sorry," I giggled. "Sebastian" I signaled at him. "Nikolai and Dominique, this is granny and grandpa,"

"I'm Margarot but please do call me Margie," Granny was very polite to them, as always.

"Edward," Granpa said a little bit more up forward but with the same softness as always.

Dominique shook hands with Granny while Sebastian did the same with Grandpa. I could see how nervous Nikolai was behind them, he was fidgeting with his fingers, all I wanted to do was hug him and calm him down.

"Pleasure to meet you sir," Sebastian said, visibly swallowing.

For a second Grandpa stood still while holding his hand but then he laughed and patted Sebastian on the shoulder. The wrinkles disappeared from his face and he took his glasses off and put them between his shirt.

"I like you kid," He said and Sebastian sighed probably with relief before walking towards me.

I hadn't realized that Dominique had already talked with Granny and was coming my way too. Nikolai was now the one talking with tem, the two together.

"I've heard a lot about you ma'am," He said while greeting her.

"I hope all good things?" She asked playfully.

"Well of course," He was so nervous that his english accent showed more than ever.

"You must be the one who plays theater," Granny said with a smile. "Agnes always says something about how beautiful your accent is and I must agree with her," Hearing her say that made me blush and look away before Nikolai could meet my gaze.

"Well, why don't we...you know, pack everything upstairs?" I asked only facing Granny.

"What?" Grandpa interrupted. "Upstairs? All of you together?" He shook his head. "They have a bedroom here downstairs for themselves, unless there is a problem with you three sharing a bedroom?" He pointed to the guest's bedroom across the hallway.

"Grandpa!" I said defensively. Before I could say anything else Nikolai interrupted me.

"It's totally okay," He smiled reassuringly at me and nodded his head. "Seriously,"