Chapter 30: Tuesday

Monday practice with Sebastian had been a fiasco. We had never danced so bad and Katarina didn't restrain herself from screaming at us. So, that Tuesday when I entered the classroom I was already in a bad mood. I was supposed to start practicing for my solo a week ago but since Katarina believed I wasn't "prepared" I hadn't started yet. I needed to prove to her that I could dance so I waited for her until the classroom was filled. She glanced at me with disdain and nodded before playing the music. I did what I thought was an amazing rehearsal but not even half way through she turned the music off and shook her head.

"No, I don't like it, leave my class," She pointed at the door and my mouth gaped. "What? You thought you could tricked us? No sweetie, you have to mean it, I won't repeat myself," With that she turned to the rest of the class.

Both Sebastian and Matthew looked at me with pity and that made me even angrier. I grabbed my bag and stormed off the class. I hated this side of Katarina, she thought she knew everything and that she was doing some good by talking to me like that. Angry as I was I literally slammed the door after me. When was I going to be able to dance my solo? How was I supposed to learn the choreography if she always kicked me out? and most importantly, what the hell was I supposed to "show" if she didn't tell me?

The only thing that was keeping me from becoming absolutely mad, was that the next day would be Dominique's concert. I really, really wanted to go, so in a way it helped me keep my cool while walking towards my dorm.

Sarah had turned crazy when I told her about my night with Nikolai and afternoon with the three of them. She hadn't shut up about it, saying I was becoming the fourth prodigy and blablabla. In a way I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of us four but then...I just couldn't believe how a massive crush I had on the three. Although Nikolai had assured me that it was okay and that they didn't care, I felt wrong, because it wasn't normal.

After an hour or two of pitying myself in my dorm I decided that I had had enough. With determination I changed into more appropriate clothing and ran towards my next class. I wasn't going to give Katarina the satisfaction of making me feel that way, instead I was going to become better. If my dance had been about "Wrath" I would have mastered it by now. But then again, it wasn't.

I had economics now and even though I knew I wouldn't want to continue that path of study, I had to finish at least a year of this class. The professor always had boring lessons and no matter how much attention I paid, I ended up forgetting everything once the class finished. I didn't even know who I took the class with because I never really cared about it. I sat on the last row with some other students that glanced at me up and down as if I had never been there. The hour and a half I spent in that classroom I could feel eyes on me which was bothering and weird.

It wasn't until the end of the class that a girl approached me on my way out. She had blonde almost white hair and bright green eyes. She was very very small and skinny, very bony, but she was beautiful of course. She walked and had a posture a little bit awkward, as if she didn't really know where she was. Her clothes were baggy around her and it made her look even smaller.

"Em..." She scratched her arm and I saw how her nails were chewed. "Agnes right?" She asked and I frowned, why did she know my name and who was she?

"Yeah, I'm sorry do I know you?" I said awkwardly because I was ashamed she knew me but I didn't.

"Oh no," She chuckled forcefully. "I- eh, well," She blushed and gazed down. "I'm Kara and I'm...I'm friends with Dominique, he- em, we have classes together in the music department,"

I didn't really know where this conversation was supposed to go but I felt weird. She was shier than I was and that was saying much. Trying not to be rude I smiled kindly and nodded, encouraging her to continue.