Chapter 27: Confessions part 2

A/N: (Anastasia the musical attached, I won't describe everything because that would be boring, stupid and long, so just gonna talk a little bit and attach this for the people interested...)

The view we had from the loge was incredible, you could see the whole stage and the people under us didn't bother at all

The view we had from the loge was incredible, you could see the whole stage and the people under us didn't bother at all. I was happy to share this with Nikolai and I hadn't even mind that he had gotten angry with Capell. We would have time to discuss that in another time, now though it was our moment to enjoy. As we sat and the lights turned off he squeezed my hand with his and I felt butterflies in my stomach. I looked at him and we both smiled.

"You'll love it," He said and the curtains started to lift.

The stage looked like a ballroom, with pillars and people dancing gratefully. A song played while, what seemed like a royal family, sat in the middle of everything. The queen had a boy in her hands and a young girl was on her side, all of them with beautiful dresses, long and puffy, diamonds and stones, stunning. Suddenly there's a 'bam' and chaos breaks out in the ballroom. Everyone runs for their lives and men with weapons start to shoot. The royal family gets killed, all except for one little girl. She's alone in the ballroom, looking for something. She finds a music box and just when she's about to leave a thunder sounds and little snowflakes fall, suddenly the girl disappears when the lights switch off.

I clap with tears in my eyes and I hear Nikolai's chuckle from besides me. An old woman has appeared on stage now, the grandmother. She finds out her family was killed. I feel Nikolai's hand on my shoulders and I smile internally, I liked that. The play kept going and I couldn't stop laughing, clapping and admiring what I was seeing. The songs were awesome and every actor did its own thing, including the back ones. Sometimes I would glance at Nikolai, who most of the times was staring back at me; every time I felt the butterflies eating me from the inside.

I could feel myself in Anastasia. Although I did experience a life with my parents I did understand what it was to lose them. And then the question hit me; What had happened to Nikolai's parents? Since I had only seen his cousin's. I didn't say anything about it, he had been very respectful about my privacy, I only could do the same for him. The curtain signaling the end of act 1 fell and there was a huge wave of applause, including us. Nikolai leaned on his armchair and smiled at me.

"What?" I asked, a smile on me too.

"Nothing, you just look so cute when watching," He poked my nose. "Have you ever been to a musical before?" I shook my head. "I will have to bring you more often then,"

"Or I could go see you?"

"Definitely," He nodded.

We didn't have to say anything else, this was all we needed. He stroked my hair with his fingers and he rested his palm on my cheek. I closed my eyes and smiled, he caressed my cheek. In that moment the curtain lifted again and I drifted my attention towards the stage, the same he did.